$25 Million to hang a fake locomotive

Started by E.M. Bell, March 28, 2012, 08:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

chipallen16

I appreciate art and such, but, "The power and the dynamic of the 'Train' represents the ephemeral energy that runs through the city every day," does a great job of taking the real romance out of railroading...

-Chip

csx6900

Lol Chip, that and the fact that they're hanging a fake locomotive from a crane, but your point is well-taken also.  ;)

Very interesting article, Emmett.  Thanks for sharing!

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

JCagle

I think that guy has spent a little too much time licking frogs or sniffing model glue. That looks like something a 5 year old would do with his toys.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

NSMoWandS

Wouldn't it be better to spend 2 mil on a new loco and just set it up on one opf the park's sections?

E.M. Bell

I can just imagine how far that money could go in the hands of a good preservation group...I wonder just what TVRM or SARM could accomplish with a windfall like that. I bet it would be more satisfying and useful than this  "art"
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Conrail Tweety

Well it could be worse. They could hang an F-Unit replica instead of a Baldwin. Then it would be F-art in the wind.

Dennis
"I 'tawt I 'taw a Tessie tat!"

Matt L

Quote from: E.M. Bell on March 30, 2012, 11:24:55 PM
I can just imagine how far that money could go in the hands of a good preservation group...I wonder just what TVRM or SARM could accomplish with a windfall like that. I bet it would be more satisfying and useful than this  "art"

Emmett, now you know why folks like me who live in upstate NY don't always walk lockstep with our brethren in downstate NY (New York City Metro and Long Island). That sculpture is a total waste of money. With $25 million, someone could create a great excursion operation or enhance one of the RR museums that already exist here. 
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk