Chasing Clouds..crazy KY weather

Started by E.M. Bell, April 24, 2011, 11:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Much like the rest of the area, we have have some rather unsettled weather here in Central KY the past Two Weeks. Rain, storms, Tornadoes, More Rain, high winds, Rain...its been a wild ride. This time last year we where having the same thing, but I don't remember all of the severe storms, just a lot of water and flooding (anyone remember Derby weekend 2010?) All of this has given the NS fits as well, including a 40mph slow order for all trains, all tracks yesterday due to flash flooding on the 1st District and Louisville side.

While out and about yesterday, I took a few shots of the weather, and yesterday evening we made a quick trip up the road from the house, to one of the higher spots in Mercer county to shoot the leading edge of a nasty storm, just before dark.

Just South of Jreb World HQ in Salvisa, KY 04/23/11 around 1930 

Benson Creek, at a place called "Red Bridge", Choatville KY yesterday afternoon around 1300. There where a group of Kayaker's getting ready to get in the water just below us...CRAZY...

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Ptrainman

We have had some of the same weather here in Virginia as well. A tornado touched down about 3 miles from my house and stayed on the ground almost 30 miles. It went right along almost the same path as one back in October, but this one was much worse. Try to stay safe out there E.M.

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk