Main Menu

Athearn ACe undec.

Started by Badhorse79, December 18, 2010, 08:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badhorse79

Well all It finally has arrived and I just wanna say order one not undec it's completely disassembled (parts wise) however it's a nice (super detailed) looking engine and no directions on how to assemble this beast but however I need your all's help what road name and if it's gonna be NS how should I attack the fact I have no clue on what the specs are ?  Well after all the parts are placed on the thing NS will already have the first order of em lol well any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks
Eric 

Badhorse79

Okay... I just went ahead and painted it black and put all later version parts on it and only thing that might not be right is the cab (not a whisper cab but I can always order one) and I wonder if the NS ACe's will have white on black number boards but Im gonna number it 1002 and if anyone has any order info on them please let me know   Thanks Eric

Badhorse79

Im trying to see if this actually works     its suppose to be a pic of 1002

Southernc39

VERY nice.  My undec. is on the way.

Badhorse79

thanks  Im not really good with cameras as alot others but heres a few more

Ed Fury

You should have a macro setting. The little flower icon on many cameras. Usually close to the flash and self timer buttons. It will let you get right up close and take photos. Just remember to turn it off when you are done.

Badhorse79

Thanks Ed my wife has two older  minolta 35mm cameras  and has this option so I'll try and figure it out later I'm trying to get her a nikon 18megapixel she's been throwing hints at! she shoots I watch lol after all you can see how my pics turn out ( should have let her take them )       

NSD9-40CW

Railfan of the KCS and NS in Louisiana

Badhorse79

Thanks From the looks of it I need to touch up some spots geez it really stands out now that I'm actually admiring it

thpbears

NSMoWandS

Nice work Badhorse! Now only 250+ projects to go! haha!

Badhorse79

WOw long time no see .... 249 to go 

NSMoWandS

Yeah... the RR keeps me busy... just got back into town... off for a week.... trying to get some of the 6000+ projects for my layout done... just ripped up about 12 feet of layout to start over.... not like I have anything else to do! haha! Great job on 1002!

RJ

Badhorse....

Just got mine in the mail yesterday..... Do you have any helpful hints... with applying the detail parts... and order....

Im thinking apply everything minus the grabirons..... Paint....... decal......grab irons... touch up.....

Badhorse79

I just did all the body detail and then the cab then last the fuel tank since I had to rewire everything I just pulled all the bulbs and and put the shell together then painted it ! I used white decal stripes for the brow and painted just the dome ( witch I don't see on the real ones ) and numberboards reefer white I suggest leaving all the windows and wipers of till it's been satin or gloss coated then apply the ditch lights make sure you use multible coats because the light shines through them  I forgot something I'm sure just ask if ya need help   

RJ

Thank you......I'm sure I will have more questions...... now I just have to figure out which one to start..... The sd60m, The GP15-1 or the ACe....

If you look a year Back on here I think you can still see the m-2 I scratch built using a sd90mac  and a sd70m..... When I bought one of the MTH ACe a few months ago... I compaired the two and was shocked by my work hahahahah It was very close ... (if your not a rivet counter)

Badhorse79

Wow that was you? I remember , Very nice ! Is the 15 a smokey valley kit 

RJ

Haha Thanks...

No it was Proto 1000.... MB Klein had a sale.... But I forgot Conrail had the Ferr Filters (Darn It)

Yea was gone for a while..... the last few years Got married, had a Boy  bought a house and now back in school for work.....

Slowly getting back into it... Had to bulid my Room First !!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Badhorse79

Yeah I'd say you was a lil busy

NSMoWandS

Badhorse,
Touch up? Please. I find the spots, scuffs, imperfections make the model look more real. I just spent $132 on 12 Conrail Bethgon Coalporters and the first thing I did ( besides to renumber the duplicates ) was to break out the airbrush and add about 1,000,000 miles to them! HaHa! A clean train is one that is new or not run!

Badhorse79

I did 24 NS bethgons in December and put the yeller stripes  on em I might scan and post some pics of them I pretty much dirtied them up as if ya need a tetanus shot I ll make a new thread

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk