Man vs Women, the SR 401 showdown

Started by E.M. Bell, September 26, 2010, 03:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Last weekend (09/19) While Carmon and myself where up in Monticello IL shooting the newly restored Southern #401, we decided to take a little hike (maybe a 1/2 mile) down to what seemed to be the only bridge on the museums line. We had tried shooting with Tele's from the nearest road crossing, but that just didnt cut it. We had no idea what the area was like down at the bridge, but it seemed to be a scenic location, and went for it.

Now, as some of you may know, I have a bad (ok..really bad) left knee that has given me a lot of trouble in the past few years. The night before we had been on our feet for almost 6 hours at the night photo shoot, and by Sunday morning it was swollen and making me cuss every step I took. Even with that, we where there, we had steam and a a good photo op...so off we went down to that bridge. Once we reached our goal, I figured out pretty quick there was no way in the world I was going to get myself down (and back up) the steep bank to the stream bed where the best shot seemed to be. We didnt have much time to set up, but before I know it Carm was down in the dry creek bed framing up what I figured (and was) a killer angle. I got down low next to the headwall and tried to compose the best shot I could.

Fast forward to today, and I am sitting here processing our pictures, and after finishing both of ours from the bridge, I say she has the winner. It was cloudy, dark, and a hard shot to get, but I think she nailed it.  Its been fun watching someone that was never into photography (or trains) come so far in the last year...and a little healthy competition don't hurt either! 

We will let you decided who wins the major prize...

Here is my crappy wedgie from the cowards angle...

And Carmons from down in the creek..

And my darlin down in the place I wished I could have gotten to...dang showoff..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

JCagle

It's all a ploy to outdo you! She clubs your knee at night so she can get down by the creek bed and get a better shot! lol
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk