Author Topic: Photo Critique Guidelines  (Read 3066 times)

Offline JCagle

• Administrator
  • Old Head
  • Roaming wherever work sends me...
Photo Critique Guidelines
« on: June 29, 2010, 10:04:17 AM »
We established this area to allow photographers a chance to get feedback on their photographs in a constructive and friendly manner.

I realize not everyone will want to share and have feedback in an open forum, so I am making the offer to offer advice by pm or email in an effort to help those that want to perfect their shots.

Please remember we are going to say you might be doing something wrong, but it is not to belittle you. Jreb is in a position to offer what some other sites can't... We can spend time with you to personally go over your shot.

Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Offline JCagle

• Administrator
  • Old Head
  • Roaming wherever work sends me...
Re: Photo Critique Guidelines
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 05:59:25 PM »
I am currently developing a markup sheet for use when critiquing photos. The most important part of getting better is to develop your skills. Sometimes it is hard to remember what you did wrong when you are out in the field and not able to look at the critique someone has posted. Instead of having to remember all of the details I thought it would be easy to be able to print one sheet and take it with you. The sheet will include the basic elements like exposure, lighting, sharpness, focus, and some detailed discussion of the markup instead of getting a one sentence review.

Are there any particular elements that you guys would like to see added to the sheet?
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

anything