Frustrated with this RP reject

Started by dgrizzle, January 05, 2009, 12:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgrizzle

Most rejections I get are usually fixable by recroping or lightening ,darkening, etc. This one is frustrating as it is one i really liked and was suprised by the poor estc. quailty rejection. Wanted to know what others think.

mbgphoto79

Probably because the train is obstructed by the truck.  To me, that emphasizes the point of the photo.  Also, the train is small in the frame, maybe a longer lens would have helped this.  I have had many shots rejected because of the "poor esthetic quality" explanation but just remember it's only one person's opinion!  Jreb has a free photo gallery where judgement is not part of the show! 

dgrizzle

Fairly close call at a grade crossing was the intent of the pic. The appeal was also rejected so I don't plan to re submit on RP. The train was going 35 mph and the truck had stopped then crossed and was barely moving. Guess I'll live with thier decission. Thanks for everyones input on the pic.

jcmark4501

I see videos like this on their sister site all the time and quite frankly I don't see the appeal of "close call" shots and honestly, most "close call" shots/videos I see aren't really that close at all, in my experience.

Backyard

8)  Auh come on Dude...What the hell can you do to change the outcome of the incident?

You were not there to do an intervention,  just pay the bills....

Oh, by the way guy, we have to present what is depicted on the camera present...

Take it up about three stories & I'll meet you somewhere there...~
Backyard/Allen

Batman

it was the queen size bed in the back of the pickup that caused the shot to be rejected.   happens everytime !

ssmith1627

Quote from: mbgphoto79 on January 05, 2009, 01:06:35 PM
Probably because the train is obstructed by the truck.  To me, that emphasizes the point of the photo.  Also, the train is small in the frame, maybe a longer lens would have helped this.  I have had many shots rejected because of the "poor esthetic quality" explanation but just remember it's only one person's opinion!  Jreb has a free photo gallery where judgement is not part of the show! 

I can't ever get the JREB gallery to work.  Is it really alive and kicking ?

Steve

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk