Where can I find Train Dispatcher 3?

Started by alxmoss1992, January 01, 2008, 01:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alxmoss1992

I see yall have terroritorys for Train Dispatcher 3. Now here is my question. Where can I find it out for a cheap price?(Dont have an ebay account so I cant buy from there)
Alex L. Moss

TB4JY

Quote from: NSFan14 on January 01, 2008, 01:08:47 AM
I see yall have terroritorys for Train Dispatcher 3. Now here is my question. Where can I find it out for a cheap price?(Dont have an ebay account so I cant buy from there)

We have territories for TD3?  I did not know that.  Where are they?  As far as the TD3 program go here:

http://www.signalcc.com/

ssw9662

alxmoss1992

Wow $45. I guess ill have to wait for a long time on that. I havent worked in over a month so I dont know when I work again.
Alex L. Moss

E.M. Bell

Gene Hardy created both of the territories we have here at Jreb, and did a wonderful job with them.  Pretty much realistic traffic patterns through out the week for both the CNO&TP North end dispatcher and the Louisville district dispatcher. Only thing that is off is the LS is "CTC" controlled as the game has no way of simulating TW's. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

TB4JY

I've been working on Georgia Division Atlanta North (2008) for a while.  Here are a few pictures.  I still need to name the signals and tweak the train schedules.

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/tb4jy/Trains/td3_01.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/tb4jy/Trains/td3_02.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r310/tb4jy/Trains/td3_03.jpg

I had the Atlanta South District (Atlanta to Macon) done mid 2007, but when I had a hard drive failure I lost it.  I'll redo it sooner or later.

I really got to be in the mood to do this stuff.  I can get in railroad overload, at which time I won't even look at this stuff for a couple of weeks.

Michael Knight

I would love to have the CSX KD Sub. territory to play. The KD is one very challenging railroad.

alxmoss1992

Well hopefully I can get it soon. But I doubt it :( But I guess will see
Alex L. Moss

geno404

I would love to have the CSX KD Sub. territory to play. The KD is one very challenging railroad.
[/quote]

Glad to hear that someone is still getting some use out of them!  I've been on a pretty long break in working on anything new.    Since it's 10 degrees outside, UK Basketball sucks and football's over, I might need a spare time project again!   ;D

With regards to the CSX 'KD', I've got the CC portion of the railroad done and have thought of adding the KD portion to the end of it (as it used to be dispatched in the old AQ days), but my lack of knowledge of operations in that part of the world has kept me from trying to build it. 

I've already got the CC sub trains scheduled, so I would have a 'head start' on adding at least part of the work in adding the stuff south of Corbin to it, but would need a LOT of help from someone down that way to advise me as to 'how things work' to try it. 

Backyard

8) The CSX Atlanta to Chattanooga, and Junta to Etawah divisions are available as one route, via payware.

The Atlanta to Chattanooga NS route, is freeware, available for the TD3 demo.

The second division, has long been out, as freeware...

However all the routes must be over five years old, and updating is needed.
Backyard/Allen

bsbaxter

It looks like there is a good 2008 update of the Atl North DS coming down the line.  The sim that is out there now is from 2000...

As for the Southend between Somerset and Chattanooga, I know of one that has been done for pretty recent conditions (2007) but has not been released.  I'll contact the guy who did them and see if he has any plans to do a public release.  For the site admins...would you consider adding this sim to the TD3 page (it is Central Div, after all) if I can arrange this?

Brandon

E.M. Bell

I have had a chance to "test drive" the new 2008 Atlanta North End territory that Bob did, and its simply awesome! I never knew that line had that much traffic..its as hard or harder than the Louisville district sim, and he doesnt even have it finished yet.  It will be  a crowd pleaser for sure. 

The NS Central div  sims that our members have done (that i know of) are...

1st and 2nd districts of the CNO&TP, North end Dispatcher between Cinncy and Grove KY, by Gene Hardy..

NS Louisville District, K&I JCT to Danville KY by Gene Hardy

2nd and 3rd districts of the CNO&TP, South End dispatcher between Grove KY and Cave Springs Tn  by Tracy L. Underwood, 2004

older version of the one above, also by tracy, from 2001

Another fellow also did the Louisville district, but i lost it in a hard drive crash and cant remember who it was, my apologies..

There was also a old school version of the CNO&TP that came out with TD 2, but I didnt care for it much...a little to simple for me. 

JREB would be more than happy to host any of TD3 territories that anyone may be working on.   I am rather addicted to the game to tell the truth, and love getting to test drive the new ones :)

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

alxmoss1992

Ok well I finally got TD3. Now my next question is...Does anyone happen to know where I could find a LCL Territory?
Alex L. Moss

bsbaxter

I'm working on one for the CL DS which includes the LCL sub.  I'll post some screen captures of my displays later tonight...it should be enough to get you drooling!

BSB

alxmoss1992

Quote from: bsbaxter on January 14, 2008, 07:10:04 PM
I'm working on one for the CL DS which includes the LCL sub.  I'll post some screen captures of my displays later tonight...it should be enough to get you drooling!

BSB
Will this be freeware or payware when finished?
Alex L. Moss

bsbaxter

I most certainly plan on making all my territories free.  I enjoy putting work into building them and enjoy hearing from folks that are enjoying them.

Here's a few preview shots of my CL DS display boards-

Also, before I can get to work in earnest on the CL, I've got to finish up some playtesting and minor bug fixing on my AJ DS sim...Here's what this sim will look like:

- Brandon

Backyard

8) I have every kind of pic grabber you can get, and cannot see the pics....

And don't be afraid to receive compensation for your work son!

I cry to buy from SignalCC, and would jump a baboon to get your work!
Backyard/Allen

bsbaxter

I've found that I have to disable my McAfee Privacy Service in order to see embedded photos in threads...perhaps others have some firewall or other protective software that does the same thing.  It's funny, telling the program that jreb is a safe site is not enough...the whole thing has to be disabled.

Here's links to these images off the jreb site, maybe you'll have better luck!

http://bsbaxter.home.comcast.net/C14.gif
http://bsbaxter.home.comcast.net/C15.gif
http://bsbaxter.home.comcast.net/C16.gif
http://bsbaxter.home.comcast.net/C17.gif
http://bsbaxter.home.comcast.net/AJ.gif

- Brandon

alxmoss1992

OH SWEET!!! Its also the Louisville-Nashville line. Oh yea if you make this payware I so have to buy it :D
Alex L. Moss

Backyard

8) Just right!

I can F-11, and get the full picture,(however F-11, don't work with Train3).

Get'er done!
Backyard/Allen

bsbaxter

I have a 1280x900 monitor resolultion, so that is what I have designed the CL desk to fit in - at least in width.  My AJ DS fits in a 1024 width screen.  Are enough people out there still using 1024 as the resolution width that I should stick with that?

ssw9662

Nice! That AJ DS sim looks pretty challenging. Train Dispatcher is a fun game, I've been playing TD3 (And TD2 before that) for about eight years now.  I got TB3 as a Christmas gift this year, and I have a few territories in progress now (One of them is in the playtesting stage).

BTW I use 1280x768, so wider territories wouldn't bother me.

E.M. Bell

1024 is my standard, but I have been known to resize for certain territories, as it gets to be a pain in the tukus scrolling back and forth, up and down. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

bsbaxter

I may look at working it into a 1024 width...it seems that like most folks are comfortable with that.

It's good to see some other TD3 enthusiasts on the forum...good discussion!

- Brandon

E.M. Bell

I have to agree with Brandon. Up until recently, I had thought that Gene Hardy, Caleb and myself where the only ones on the board  that had any interest in the game.   If done right, TD3 makes you think, plan ahead and pull your hair out at times. Its give a very brief glance into what the folks that really do Dispatch for a living go through, and we dont have to contend with the radio, the phone ringing all the time, and a chief DS looking over your shoulder.. 

I have tried out the other rail games out there, and just was not impressed. MS Train sim was "neat" but I found it to be most unrealistic in the way the trains handled ect, but having real life experience   at the throttle makes one somewhat bias I guess. I have been a fan of TD since the first version came out years ago...I just hope that Signal Consultants will keep it alive. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk