Your Thoughts

Started by Junior, November 22, 2007, 11:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

I have been wanting an outline of a locomotive.  Being unable to find one I decided to try to do it myself.  I am wanting this outline for a possible embroidery project. 
Please inspect this picture and tell me if anything looks wrong or out of place.

Thanks
Junior

TB4JY

Is that a MU receptacle on the conductor side or a ditch light? ???   If it's a MU receptacle, you could put in ditch lights. ;)  If it's a ditch light, your missing the engineers side.  ;D Other than that, I think it looks good.

Michael Knight

I say that your rendering was done very well. Many minute details should be left off, as they will make an embroidered image over complex. I would, however, suggest that the wheels and trucks should appear larger. When one stands beside a 70M-2, the vast size of the unit is immediately apparent; thus, the reason I feel the truck and wheels should be larger.

scooter3798

Junior, Looks pretty good, even for a 70M-2 (stupid fatheads), I agree that the ditch lights would be a good addition. I would also say can the MU Cable, there is just something about it that looks out of place. I think it is the fact that most of the outline is straight lines, and it is curved. On a related note I think that the MU hoses should either be run the whole way through the plow, or give them the appearance that the MU doors are closed on the plow, I think the latter would be a better way to go giving it a cleaner look. Other than that maybe through in just a little bit of detail for the rear truck, this isn't a real big problem, but to me it just soet of looks like the back end is floating, or else just pull the fuel tank out a little more to hide some of the rear pilot. Other than that great job!

Scooter

Junior

Thanks for everyone's info.  I have decided that the rear of the engine would be cropped out.  I am thinking just the front of the loco.  I have already started outlining a better engine, non EMD. 

Thanks
Junior

Junior

I know I said non EMD but I had to give a SD40 a try.  I am actually happy with it.  Let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks
Junior

TB4JY

That's sweet!  I think it's better than the SD70M-2.  I don't know if you want to or not....  but may be put the chain up on the front.  It's might block out your nose art though.  Either which way, it looks great.

J-man

Really nice job on the SD40!!  The SD70M needs ditch lights, MU's,  bigger wheels and trucks in the rear.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

Tristan Garrett

Quote from: Junior on November 23, 2007, 07:26:11 PM
a better engine, non EMD. 

Simply impossible!

Seriously, though, I do rather enjoy the SD40. I must ask, though: why do it in yellow as opposed to white?

TG

Junior

The yellow is easier for me to see. 
Junior

scooter3798

Hands down the 40 is my choice! Much better looking than the Fat Head in real life, plus I like the angle better in the outline. A C39 would look pretty cool for the GE choice!

Scooter

Junior

Thanks for everyones comments.  I have grown addicted to doing these outlines.  I have a total of 5 done now.  Here is the GE outline.

Later
Junior

scooter3798

Another nice piece Junior. I really like the work that you did on the MU Cable and air hose this time, really looks good! Also the added truck detail also helps as well. Keep up the great work!

Scooter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk