Rip em apart...

Started by E.M. Bell, October 18, 2007, 08:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

Straight from file 13. These are a few that I took, and didnt like, so they never saw the light of day until now. Played around with the cropping a bit, color ect. Just a bunch of 'out of the box' stuff that I am not sure if I like or not...fell free to rip them apart...I already did.

NS 175 at North Wye Ky. I have took a bazillion pics from this place...just not much more I can do with it. Tried a little foreground clutter for a change...just a bit of the most famous railfan hangout in greater Boyle County included in the frame. I Think it looks like little thought was put into it...and I am probably right..

Another from North Wye. I have always loved the way a unit train looks when you sqaush the crap out of it with a big ol chunck of glass.  Just something about this I dont like...what say you??

Speers Ferry Va. The train was moving about 0.14578 MPH, so I shot a bunch of different angles. Ignore the big red lens flare near the headlight...does the comp suck as bad I think it does?? 

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Expoacher

Michael Knight

I like the second image; however, the composition leaves something to be desired on the third image.

J-man

The first image isn't bad, but for me at least, there's a just a bit too much fence.
God Bless America!
NS Conductor, CNO&TP
A few pictures

scooter3798

I think that the first shot had the right idea, however the fence just didn't work out right. I don't know whether it is just the style of fence, or I guess in this case railing, or what, but to me it looks like it was almost photoshopped in after the fact. Other than that I like the uniform look of the covered hoppers in the second shot. The road signs in the middle of the shot don't really do all that much for me on the third shot. They are the first thing that I see whenever I look at it. Other than that not a bad idea though, maybe with a little bit of a different angle it would tighten up the road and the tracks and make the signs and guardrail less obvious.

Scooter

stillbre

The first shot I think would have been better if you had shot through the fence instead of over it.  It distracts from the main focus too much.
The second photo looks good.  Maybe a shot with the rear of the passing train closer to the camera would've been better.
The last photo just doesn't do it.  The main focus, the train and the truck, are on opposite sides of the frame.  Too much distraction in the middle.
Just my humble oppinions.
Don't tell the boss I'm editing photos on the clock though.
Josh Blevins
Charlotte NC

E.M. Bell

Hey, I like honesty...I already knew they pretty well blew monkey chunks  :)  Yall just confirmed it!!

Im rather sure we all have a 'file 13" with stuff that probably shouldn't see the light of day.   
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

TRNBUF

I think they all look like crap...LOL!!!  You said to rip em apart.  ;D ;D

Actually they all look good, I agree about the fence though, to much of it... good thought though.

But I do like the one with the Hemi in the photo. ;)

~Mike

E.M. Bell

Quote from: TRNBUF on November 20, 2007, 09:39:53 PM
I think they all look like crap...LOL!!!  You said to rip em apart.  ;D ;D

Actually they all look good, I agree about the fence though, to much of it... good thought though.

But I do like the one with the Hemi in the photo. ;)

~Mike

Good LORD what was I thinking...I just noticed that! A Catfish and a Dodge in the same image...I need to be taken out and beat with a tripod for taking that   :P
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Michael Knight

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk