Introduce Yourself, Round Two!

Started by Forum Admin, January 17, 2007, 07:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

conrail kid

Im tom. im from lower burrell, pa. a few miles from mp56 on the conemaugh line. railfan anywhere on NS from leetsdale to tyrone. Favorite train has to be the OCS train with the f-units. still love to see CR blue on the point. love pittsburgh because of the fact that we have 2 Class I railroads, plus a plethora of short lines that run thru the area.

thank you, mr. moorman for the F-units.

my all time favorite pic that i have taken:

OCS 955 sits in Oakmont early on June 10th, awaiting the weeks festivities.

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=189863

Bellevue Kid

oops, wish I would have seen this topic before my first 2 posts

oh well

anyway, I'm Josh and as you can probably guess from my name.....I see a LOT of NS traffic

if I get access to a digital camera, which I might in the near future,  you can expect some photos of Bellevue area action

Rubblehead

Hi my name is Richard, i live near the city of Liverpool U.K.

LexRailfan

Hey y'all.
I'm Paul Caywood, of Versailles and Lexington Ky.
I'm a college student, part time worker, and full-time time railfan.  ;D

Ernie1

Hey ya'll I am ernie  and I work for NS as a carman

Michael Knight

To all of our new members, welcome!!!  :)

darkhorse2

hi all my name is steve berwick from bellmawr nj.   worked for the ns several years as a conductor out of abrams pa yard. currently working for the river line out of south jersey. i have been a big ns modeler since the 90's. i also enjoy keyboards and guitar when i have time.

warpath42

Hey, my name's Thom Brown from Winchester, Ky.  I live within throwing distance of the R J Corman line, see a lot of CSX traffic too.   My wife's Grandparent's house backs up to NS near Rosemont Garden Crossing in Lexington.  I spend a lot of time traveling from Lexington to Eastern Kentucky each week.  I might travel to Ashland, Morehead, Prestonburg, Pikeville.  Love searching down and finding abandoned rail.  Traveling gives me the chance to photograph new and old rail.  I also enjoy model railroading, right now I'm between layouts.

Michael Knight

Welcome Steve and Thom!  :)Please feel free to participate in any of the boards discussions, and you are encouraged to upload photos to the Jreb.org photo gallery. 

Forum Admin

We have had a rash of new members over the last few days, and we just wanted to say welcome aboard to all the new folks. Feel free to participate, post, share your pictures and makes yourself at home, and if you like what you see, let others know!   Also, feel free to introduce your self here in this thread.. 

The JREB.org team

KyBlue

Hi All, I'm Scott from Just north of Lexington Ky in Georgetown. I like two blocks from the NS line. I also work for toyota pulling containers out of the Georgetown NS Intermodal yard. Lots of great action that I get to see every night. Its usually too dark for photos however - with the short days and all. When they get longer I'll get some video footage as well as some still shots.

Glad to be here!

rwas

Hi,
I am Ron Williams from Morenci, MI.   I am located 3 miles south of the NS Ex-Wabash line in SE Michigan.  It runs from Detroit to Ft. Wayne and west.  This is the line with the CP  trains that go from Detroit to Butler, IN and get on the NS Chicago line and go to into Chicago.   I just joined the site a few days ago. 

ThoroughBreed

Hi, I'm Eric, from Columbus, GA, about 90 miles south of Atlanta. We have a NS yard here they use as a pass thru From B'ham-Opelika-Columbus-Macon. But we also have an old SAL yard here that served Toms Foods HQ (famous for their Peanuts) and RC Cola. The old SAL yard now belongs to GSW, at last I knew.  They switch out Lance foods (old Toms), EJ Knight scrap metals, and the ALabama state docks, via a line down the middle of 8th st for about 1.5 miles, then to cross the Chattahoochee river, next to the Columbus Iron Works Convention and trade center (Old Iron works that forged cannons for the civil war) .http://www.columbusga.org/tradecenter/history_4.htm They switcht out the yard from the NS main on the southside of the yard.
I collect, model and run HO scale NS, BNSF, and SP (sorry no UP or CSX in existence on these rails.) And of course I have the old Southern E units pulling a railfan train. A Santa Fe El Capitan configuration, and some lease equipment making the rounds every now and then.
I found this site by googling  for any pics of the OCS fleet, and looked around for a couple of days, and decided I had to be a part of this.
I do envy you guys for being able to view rarities. The only thing I've seen down here is #4610 and the occasional OLS units.
TB8)

Michael Knight

Quote from: ThoroughBreed on April 29, 2008, 09:59:11 PM

I found this site by Googling  for any pics. of the OCS fleet, and looked around for a couple of days, and decided I had to be a part of this.

Welcome, Eric! Glad you decided to join us! ;)

Forum Admin

Bumping the thread up!  For all of newest members, feel free to introduce yourself! 
The JREB.org team

ORVILLE

Hello. My name is Orville Ingram. I am a NS fan. I was a Southern Railwat fan and a N&W fan so NS was just what I needed.  ;)

CAGY 2777

Hi folks. I'm Chris Martin from Hueytown, Al ( few miles to the SW of Birmingham) and originally from Columbus, Ms. I had always been a fan of the Southern as a child in the 8O's and from there became a fan of NS. I was introduced to the SOU and the NS as they ran into my old hometown on the old West End NA line from Birmingham.  Now I live a few miles from NS' Alabama Great Southern (AGS) and waddle over there fairly often. I'm also a fan of shortlines in the Southeast and of ones  all the way to New England. A fan for life of the SOU and NS, finding this site was a nice and welcome find.  :)
Proud hater of RailPrics.net & their over inflated ego.

SOU2645

may as well introduce myself too - Larry Smoak  engineer Piedmont Division out of Atlanta. Figure this is another good site to give my insights (and gripes) about the nag and its motive power especially. Originally from SC and grew up on the Southern/NS near Augusta GA.
Larry

IORY_Engr

Hi, I'm Aaron.  I live about 10 minutes away from the Fostoria District (Lake Division) here in western Ohio, and have been a fan of NS for as long as I can remember.  I'm currently an engineer for the Indiana & Ohio Ry. working out of the Delta, OH, terminal, which is right next to the ex-Conrail Chicago Line.  Several years ago, I lived in north-central Indiana, and did a lot of photography on the Chicago District & Marion Branch (and still do when I get the chance ;D).

Can't believe it took me this long to get signed up here!  Thanks to everyone who helped make this such a great place!

AJB

tq-07fan

Hello I'm Jim Bainter. I currently live in Cincinnati close to the N & W Hyde Park Branch where the NS TQ-07 operates. I grew up in Dayton, Ohio, starting with the B & O Wellston Sub in our backyard. We then moved to an appartment where we could see the Conrail Lytle Branch, then moved within sight of Conrail's Moraine Yard. After a couple more moves I am happy to say my mom and dad live in Moraine again, really close to MP 213 in a place with the C & LE interurban RofW in their backyard. My mom was from Portsmouth so I got into N & W very early on trips to see family either via US 23 (Columbus Dist) or Ohio St Rt 73 (Cincinnati Dist). In between, my grandma lived in Greenfield Ohio with a great view of the DT & I (favorite). Later, when I learned how to drive a lot of my early driving involved chasing and filming NS from Chillicothe Oh south with her. I then spent over two years with Sperry Rail Service (a whole two weeks of that on NS). I left Sperry to work for a shortline here in Cincinnati which led me into the job I was born to do... driving a transit bus, seventh year operator. I am a public transit / busnut. I guess the current railroads I like are Amtrak, CP Rail and of course the NS. Thank You.

Michael Knight

Welcome Orville, Chris, Larry, Aaron, and Jim! We hope y'all enjoy your stay! :)

Harry Gaydosz

My name is Harry Gaydosz, I'm from Ellwood City, PA just north of Pittsburgh.  I railfan the NS Ft. Wayne and Youngstown lines quite often......

Looking anound on here I saw someone from Kannapolis NC and Hueytown AL, first time I've ever seen those towns and it didn't have anyting to do with someone named Earnhardt or Allison!

Michael Knight

GAandFLA-RR

Guess I'll intro myself too.  Jared Blocker carman for NS in Savannah.  Hired out in 1997 as a clerk in Savannah, then at the small depot in Tennille before having to move to the big bad CYO in Atlanta.  Decided to move back home in 2006 and became a carman.

My favorite fallen flag, as you can tell by my username, is the G&F which ran from Madison, FL to Greenwood, SC. 
Jared

NS car inspector
Long live the G&F
LONG HOOD FORWARD FOREVER

mybrotherskids

I am adam from new albany IN formerly from lawrenceburg ky, thus my loyalty to the 1002.  I am an engineer for the PAL and see my fair share of ns lashups although not enough sw 1500s or mp15s to suit me anymore.  love the growler-butthead-sw pictures or whatever snappy nickname you have for a switcher, maybe when the dash 9s and the like have been around for 50-60 years I will like them but I am not holding my breath!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk