Spending the evening at a western NY hot spot

Started by Matt L, August 10, 2017, 08:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

I was out in western NY 3 weeks ago this evening. CSX and NS run side by side from Hamburg to Dunkirk. I chose the Bayview Road crossing, which is one of my favorite location to railfan in greater Buffalo.

NS 316 heading east on the former NKP mainline:

NS 316 had welded rail flats in the consist:

CSX intermodal heading east, with a classic NYC signal bridge overhead:

For the rest of the action at Bayview Road, please visit this slide show:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2017/July%202017/0720%20Hamburg%20NY

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Thursday 7/20/0217 in Hamburg, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

dschlegel

I like that signal bridge!
If anyone is in eastern PA, I would grab shots of the NYC style, Reading vintage signals on the Reading line soon.
New signals are up and there's been renewed activity this past week with contractors working on them.
The old ABS system is on borrowed time for sure.
Dan

Matt L

Thanx! NS has replaced alot of the older signals with the new "vader" style signal in NY, but there are a few places (including Hornell) where  the older signals are still in place. CSX has also been replacing the older NYC signals in NY, as well. The signal bridge in Hamburg will sadly be gone in a year or two, I think.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk