MOW photos

Started by Bill Richardson, June 15, 2017, 10:08:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Richardson

There isn't much on "Trip Reports" these days, so I thought I'd post a few photos of MOW equipment, those not in the contest.  The first is a photo of the Loram rail grinder train, that I happened to see near Junction City, KY.  I was on the shady side, so this photo isn't well-lit.  I had to use a photo editing program to tweak it a little.  It still isn't good, but usable--shows the train.

The next three were made at Kings Mountain, KY.   The 2nd photo shows a UP SD90MAC passing by.  It was one of the group bought by Norfolk Southern.  I have "caught" a few of those engines in the last few years.

The last photo shows the "Geometry Train" as it was passing through the Danville, KY yard.

I decided to try out Flickr, so I can post photos directly on here.  I'll probably put more on here.  Anything besides the usual black engines are rare, for me anyway.  As for black engines,  I haven't seen an SD80 that I know of, and I haven't seen an SD90 repainted to black.  Now and then I see something different, NS Heritage or some other road name.  Now and then I see some older ones.  I might post photos of older engines, that I have seen over the last few years.  Matt L. of New York has been propping up this section almost by himself, so I'll help him out a little.

100_4955c---Loram LMIX 401---rail grinder train--900px--tg by Bill Richardson, on Flickr

100_5324b---UP-7256 & MOW machines--Kings Mtn--900px--tg by Bill Richardson, on Flickr

2015_0729(011)--MOW machine--Kings Mtn--900px--tg by Bill Richardson, on Flickr

2015_0729(013)--MOW machines--Kings Mtn--900px--tg by Bill Richardson, on Flickr

NS-34--generator slug and geomertry test car--800px by Bill Richardson, on Flickr

thpbears

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk