Author Topic: Easter weekend 2017  (Read 1603 times)

Offline Matt L

• Old Head
  • Norfolk Southern fulfills what DERECO started.
Easter weekend 2017
« on: April 20, 2017, 08:15:15 PM »
My family lives over 2 hours from me... so Easter weekend is a great reason for a road trip. Of course... y'all know I'm gonna spend some time trackside, too.

Day #1 aka Easter Eve was spent following the Southern Tier mainline from Linden to Elmira. I caught 4 traisn along the way.

NS 287 passing the former Erie RR/EL depot in Sliver Springs, which NS now uses for MOW:

NS 287 passes the siding where NS interchanges with Rochester & Southern RR in Silver Springs:

Due to a derailment on the Pittsburgh Line, NS detoured a couple of trains via the Southern Tier Mainline. I itnercepted the 21Z at Cp Cass in Hornell: 

NS 28N heading east at Philo Road in Horseheads:

NS 309 heading west at Philo Road in Horseheads, with a couple of Pan Am EMDs as trailing power:

A complete slide show of the day's sightings:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2017/Apr%202017/0415%20Norfolk%20Southern

All photos in this post were taken by me Saturday 4/15/2017 in upstate NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Offline Matt L

• Old Head
Re: Easter weekend 2017
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 08:20:20 PM »
Easter aka Day #2 was a little quieter.

NS local H85 as a light engine move at Philo Road in Horseheads:

NS 287 westbound at the Route 417 overpass in Erwins:

A slide show of both trains, including the going away shots:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2017/Apr%202017/0416%20Norfolk%20Southern

All photos in this post and the link weretaken by me Sunday 4/16/2017 in central NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Offline Matt L

• Old Head
Re: Easter weekend 2017
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 08:29:45 PM »
Day #3 was spent with one of my favorite shortlines- the Bath & Hammondsport RR.

A pair of Alco C424ms running elephant style as they head tot the interchange track in Painted post:

Idiling at Mill Street in Coopers Plains after picking picking up a string of tank cars 9and spacers) from NS in Painted Post:

Crossing the Cohocton River in Coopers Plains:

Heading west at Eagle Valley Road in Blessing (Savona):

A slide show of the B&H on the former EL Wayland Branch:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2017/Apr%202017/0417%20BHRR

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Monday 4/17/2017 in Steuben County, NY. A big thanks goes out to the employees of the Bath & Hammondsport RR for their professionalism and friendliness.