RockySkyImages
0 (0%)
Bill Richardson
1 (20%)
Matt L
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

thpbears

Lets get into Spring with some Spring cleaning and MOW pics. Good luck on getting those images and congratulations to the past winners. 

K8DTI

It is June 18, 1992 and a track inspector and his antique track car are in the siding at Rarden, Ohio to meet train 429 on its journey from Portsmouth, Ohio to Cincinnati on the former N&W "Peavine".  This line has been out of service since 2002.

NSyorktown

I live along the Muncie to Frankfort (Indiana) mainline, and we get major work done on this line every 2-3 years.  So here is some MOW action from both June 2009 and November 2011. The first image is of the crew headed in for the evening . . . the broad smile and huge wave is likely due to the operator knowing that another long day is about over.  The tie-inserter photo shows the power of NS's equipment, handling a new tie like it was a toothpick.  It is pretty impressive, watching (close up) the skilled crew of the tie-and-surface gangs, with their modern equipment.

RockySkyImages

Out on April 7th with friends to photo the CNO&TP this work train was heading north through Oneida TN.

Bill Richardson

Here is an MOW train I saw at Burnside in 2014, and the PTS-62 at Tateville in 2014.  I have some of the Loran railgrinder train but I was on the shady side and didn't get good photos.

thpbears

These are some real nice catches so far .

Matt L

Working in the former LV yard last summer:

This photo was taken by me Tuesday 8/23/2017 in Sayre, PA.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

thpbears

Well I guess everyone is a winner by the votes we have. They are some nice ones .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk