Author Topic: Morehead & North Fork railroad.  (Read 3117 times)

Offline Gene

• Inactives
  • Extra Board
Morehead & North Fork railroad.
« on: February 03, 2017, 08:20:20 PM »
Hello, does anyone have any pictures of the line, in particular the Clack Mountain tunnel. I'm from that area and can't find much info. Much of it was gone by the time I was old enough to check any of it out. Thanks, Geno.

Offline swinstandley

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
Re: Morehead & North Fork railroad.
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »
Hello, does anyone have any pictures of the line, in particular the Clack Mountain tunnel. I'm from that area and can't find much info. Much of it was gone by the time I was old enough to check any of it out. Thanks, Geno.
A 2008 book by Fred Brown, Jr "Steam in the Heart" has a drawing on page 24 but no tunnel pictures. The book was printed by Wind Publications, Nicholasville.

Offline Gene

• Inactives
  • Extra Board
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 06:50:05 PM »
Thanks, I'll look for it, Geno.

Offline Brian Sawdo

• Extra Board
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 02:19:12 PM »
I have a few pics posted of the M&NF from when my brother and I and a friend went there. James Johnson and a few of his friends  came out and showed us around. At that time the rails went all the way to the tunnel but we didn’t go that far on the speeder. I would like to find the tunnel also or see some pictures. Thanks, Brian.

Offline butch

• Old Head
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 08:00:52 AM »
I don't know that I've ever seen a picture of Clack Mtn Tunnel.  The north end is caved in and the south end is open, but behind someone's house.
Butch Adkins
butch@email.uky.edu

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky