Some engines I have seen at Danville, KY

Started by Bill Richardson, January 27, 2017, 03:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Richardson

I used to see more variety at the Danville, KY yard, in 2014 and 2015.  Now I mostly see the usual modern black engines.  Sometimes there is a different road name  there, and once in a while I happen to be there when a Heritage engine is parked there, or comes in and stops for a short while.  I was in Danville one day and went to the yard to see if anything different was parked there, and found the Illinois Terminal parked, in an unusual spot.  That was rare.  One day I was there waiting for a while, and went over to the fence to look or make a photo of some engine.  I heard a sound and looked left, and saw a maroon engine approaching briskly.  I barely got my camera on and set in time, and grabbed a photo as it got close.  It was the CEFX 121.  I think I saw mention recently that it was bought and repainted.   I still see an occasional CP or UP, or NS Heritage engine, but no unusual road names or configurations.  I guess I don't get there at the right times.   Anyway, I thought I'd post some of my photos of various engines today, including some old NS engines.  They turn up now and then. 

Update:  Jan 2020---photos I put on here were in my Photobucket account.  I don't have that any more, so I just deleted the empty links.

thpbears

That's a pretty good variety. I going to have to come up that way one day and look around.

Matt L

Nice catches! Danville looks like a good place to railfan.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk