Author Topic: Layouts  (Read 3072 times)

Offline thpbears

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
Layouts
« on: January 08, 2017, 07:37:11 PM »
Anyone want to share any pics of their layouts. Mine is boxed up ready for a move hopefully soon but feel free to share some pics to make me motivated guys.

Offline NSyorktown

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
Re: Layouts
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:51 PM »
Hi thpbears:

My current version of an HO-scale CNO&TP layout has evolved nicely over the past 5 years.  That said, much of the past 24 months was spent helping get ready to host the 2016 NMRA National Convention in Indianapolis last summer.  That massive endeavor really cut into my layout time ( www.nmra2016.org ) but it was well worth the time and effort.

Anyway, the 338-mile route (the "Rathole Division" of NS) is condensed into 40+ feet in length, in a room that measures 14 x 17 feet.  I start in Cincy, then the line runs through the beautiful scenery of central Kentucky and Tennessee.  The attached pics show the Reading heritage unit rolling southbound though my Kings Mountain cut.  Over this past Holiday break, I've been adding trees and other vegetation to my Nemo Tunnel scene.  That's why there isn't much greenery under or besides the bridge. I have much to do yet in my lower TN region.

But winter weather in east-central Indiana will keep me inside for another few months, so I hope to make more progress.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:34:39 AM by NSyorktown »

Offline thpbears

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 09:19:59 PM »
Looks very awesome. You are making my mouth water just thinking of unpacking my stuff in a new layout room. I can only hope to do have as good as your layout looks.

Offline dschlegel

• Old Head
  • Beer+Trains=Happiness
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 01:16:19 PM »
Man Nsyorktown, that is a sweet layout!
Dan

Offline dschlegel

• Old Head
  • Beer+Trains=Happiness
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 04:14:04 PM »
Here's a couple of shots of my N scale layout. It has been a work in progress for 10+ years. I don't model any specific line, I just like running trains and creating scenery.
Also here's a few years old video of the layout, I think I posted this in the past.
https://youtu.be/k4AenBz9b2g

Offline thpbears

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »
Very nice guys just ran upstairs and told the Boss ( Wife ) that we gotta hurry up and sell so I can get my new layout started and my trains out of boxes. SELL SELL I YELLED. ;D

Offline dschlegel

• Old Head
  • Beer+Trains=Happiness
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2017, 10:07:25 PM »
Made a lot more progress since my last post. Here's a video I took tonight, never mind the beer.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBZ0eciNrps

Offline thpbears

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 07:11:08 PM »
Layout looking nice dschlegel