Author Topic: Alcos in the snow  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Matt L

• Old Head
  • Norfolk Southern fulfills what DERECO started.
Alcos in the snow
« on: January 03, 2017, 07:55:20 PM »
I did quite a bit of chasing around Christmas time. The first chase was just a short drive my house- the Livonia, Avon & Lakeville RR with their beloved Alco fleet.

C425 #428 in the yard at Lakeville before sunrise:

The LA&L local heads north at Papermill Road in Avon:

Approaching Lehigh Station Road in Henrietta:

The LA&l brought 15 cars north to the Rochester & Southern RR yard in Chili. In turn, the R&S would later forward them to NS.

The LAL also picked a few cars from the R&S, and was shuffling them at Genesee Junction in Chili as an eastbound CSX intermodal passed:

The LA&L C425s work the yard next to the former Erie RR/ EL depot in Avon:

For a complete look at the LA&L chase, please visit my slide show:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2016/Dec%202016/1223%20LALCSX

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 12/23/2016 in Livingston and Monroe Counties, NY. A special thanks goes out to the LA&L crew for their friendliness and professionalism, especially engineer Fred Albrecht. Fellow jreb member Callduckfarm was also with me for a couple of locations, including the morning shot at Papermill Road.  What a fun day!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 07:57:19 PM by Matt L »

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.