Sounds like things are getting back to normal (finally) after the holiday shutdown

Started by dschlegel, December 27, 2016, 08:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dschlegel

I love a block from the Reading line in Tooton PA. I tried to pay attention on Christmas Eve and I believe the last train I noticed running was an eastbound around 16:45.

Nothing ran on Christmas Day, which is normal. What was weird was that the floodgates didn't open until around 04:15 this morning 12/27.

I know there was a press release from NS stating there would be limited traffic until today, but in years past that meant ~10 trains running on the day after Christmas. I noticed 2 yesterday, an EB intermodal around 12:15, and a WB empty oil train around 15:50. That was it until early this morning.

What have people noticed in other areas of the NS system?

Dan

thpbears

I did not see anything on the Roanoke cam yesterday. Did see a mixed freight earlier this morning. Nothing moving around here on the local track except for a CSX train on their side. And just as I finished typing this a intermodal coming into view on the Roanoke cam now.

Matt L

I was in the Elmira (NY) area to visit family for Xmas vacation. No trains ran on NS that day, nor any of the shortlines. NS had limited activity on the 26th. At least 3 eastbound trains ran on the Southern Tier Mainline that day, and I caught 2 of them. Everything was back to normal on the 27th, with NS running a full schedule of road freights and locals. Speaking of the latter, I also caught the Bath & Hammondsport RR interchanging with NS local H85 that day. Photos are coming!
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk