Author Topic: Turkey Trot 2016  (Read 1568 times)

Online Matt L

• Old Head
  • Norfolk Southern fulfills what DERECO started.
Turkey Trot 2016
« on: December 01, 2016, 07:32:25 PM »
I was back in the part of New York where I grew up for Thanksgiving. After missing NS 309 in the Canisteo River valley because I couldn't turn the Saturn around in time to over take it, I did have better luck further east.

NS 310 eastbound at Philo Road:

All photos in this post were taken by me Thursday 11/24/2016. This was all I shot on Thahksgiving Day, because I wanted to spend time with family. I did hear several other trains in the distance while spending the night in Elmira.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Online Matt L

• Old Head
  • Norfolk Southern fulfills what DERECO started.
Re: Turkey Trot 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 07:37:47 PM »
The following day was a bit more productive.

The power for NS local H13 idles in the former Lehigh Vallery RR yard in Sayre, PA:

NS auto rack freight 28N eastbound at Saunders Road in Rathbone, NY"

NS mixed freight 36T at MP 309 on the Southern Mainline in Rathbone, NY:

A complete look at the NS action is in this slide show:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2016/Nov%202016/1125%20NS

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 11/25/2016 in the Twin Tiers of NY and PA.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.