Catching Up On The "FPF" KCS KCSM UP BNSF

Started by NSSpike, November 07, 2016, 02:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSSpike

Got behind on posting trip reports & photos toward the tail end of the summer and was recently reminded so via an e-mail message. This post covers multiple west coast stack trains around north west Georgia via the Norfolk Southern Alabama Division East End District. Birmingham AL to Atlanta GA. The "FPF" Foreign Power Funnel as I call it!!!

NS 226 (LOS ANGELES, CA (UP ZLCAI) - ATLANTA, GA) with a pair of  new GE ET44AC Tier 4 units leading this east bound west coast stack off the Alabama East End into Austell JCT at MP651.0

NS 24E (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT2) - ATLANTA, GA) with KCSM deMexico #4682 ES 44AC east bound through the "S" curves West Douglasville GA at MP661.6 on the Alabama East End District.

NS 220 (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT)- ATLANTA, GA) with KCSM deMexico #4755 GE ES44AC east bound on the mainline at Temple GA at MP677.4

NS 220 (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT)- ATLANTA, GA) with a GRAY GE AC4400CW # 4601 in the lead east bound at Edwardsville ALA at MP710.4 Alabama East End District.

The next series of photos shows three different power arrangements on UP west cost "Steam ship stack" trains headed to NS Whitaker Yards.

A west coast  "Steam Ship Stacker" as I call them with a single GE ET44AC Tier 4 UP #2616  leading NS I2G extra 22G (LONG BEACH, CA (UP KLBNS) - ATL, GA) off the Alabama East End district into Austell JCT crossing over to main #2. The trailing DPU is the UP #7110 AC4400CW. These loads will be place in the Cobb siding just south of Austell. A crew from Whitaker Yard will be assigned and the UP #7110 will lead this train back north and after cutting off, the UP #2616 will go south light engine to Inman Yard. Also NOTE.. a tie marker has indicated several ties to be replaced on both the #1 & #2 mainlines as indicated by the white markings on the ties.

NS 22G (LONG BEACH, CA (UP KLBNS) - ATL, GA) with the UP 9025 SD70AH EMD leading this west coast stack through the "S" curves West Douglasville GA at MP661.6 on the Alabama East End District. NOTE this train has two head end units and no DPU.

NS 22G (LONG BEACH, CA (UP KLBNS) - ATL, GA) with the UP #8359 EMD SD70ACe leading two other head end units east bound on the Alabama East End district at Douglasville GA at MP659.4

NS 264 ( MEMPHIS, TN (BNSF QLACAUG) - ATLANTA, GA) with the BNSF 4137 C44-9W leading a solid JB Hunt west coast stack train through the "S" curves West Douglasville GA at MP661.6 on the Alabama East End District. This train normally runs Via Memphis / Sheffield / Chattanooga / Atlanta routing. However it is common from time to time for this train and it's west bound counter part NS 265 to run via Birmingham Alabama.

Extra NS 265 as I65 ( ATLANTA, GA - MEMPHIS, TN (BNSF QAUGLAC) with the BNSF 8028 EMD ES44C4 leading this west bound solid JB Hunt stack train at CP Taylor MP675.3 on the Alabama East End district.

NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk