Author Topic: Take a ride on the Reading  (Read 1766 times)

Offline Matt L

• Old Head
  • Norfolk Southern fulfills what DERECO started.
Take a ride on the Reading
« on: October 27, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »
My cousin and I like to railfan together, but he lives in VA and I live in NY. We met in PA for an adventure last year, so we decided to repeat the experience this year. We chose eastern PA this time around, and met in at the Macungie rail park on the Reading Line.

This eastbound NS mixed freight arrived just minutes after I did:

Eastbound NS work train:

Westbound auto rack freight:

A meet next to the park:

For the rest of my shots from the rail park, please visit this slide show:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2016/Oct%202016/1014%20Macungie%20PA

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 10/15/2016 in Macungie, PA.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Offline Matt L

• Old Head
Re: Take a ride on the Reading
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 05:48:17 PM »
We went west in the afternoon and caught a couple more trains there.

Eastbound gondola train:

This mill is an active rail customer:

Westbound CSX mixed freight with a CSX EMD trailing:

For the rest of the action at the Woodrow Avenue crossing, please visit my slide show:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2016/Oct%202016/1014%20Sinking%20Springs

All phots in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 10/14/2016 in Sinking Springs, PA. Both locations are part of the former Reading mainline. There is more to come, and that will be shared in the vintage rails section of this message board.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Offline dschlegel

• Old Head
  • Beer+Trains=Happiness
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 07:59:54 PM »
Man you were in my back yard (actually the Reading line is a block from my front yard)!!
Great shots, did you get to ride the Allentown and Auburn excursions?
Dan

Offline Matt L

• Old Head
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2016, 08:33:46 PM »
Thanx, Dan! Your neck of the woods is a fun place to watch trains! My cousin and I went up to Jim Thorpe the next day- which I will share as time permits.

anything