Main Menu

September 2016 Contest

Started by JCagle, September 06, 2016, 08:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCagle

We are already in the fall of they year, and as the temperatures cool the rail action heats up as intermodal freight starts to deliver all the goodies for the holiday season to market. This months theme will be intermodal hot shots. The contest will be open until the 25th. Be sure to stop by and enter your shots today.

All normal rules apply.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

nrv_trains

Roanoke Valley Running
Taken in Elliston, VA on July 14, 2016
Gavin W.
Christiansburg, VA

K4SOU

#1 The Veteran's unit leads 229 through Blanchet, KY on a beautiful fall morning on November 09, 2013.
Mark Chester Jr

K4SOU

#2 The Central of George heritage unit leads 215 over the CSX LCL Sub in Walton, KY on June 28, 2015.
Mark Chester Jr

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Here's the head end of 8000' worth of bare tables with a snazzy leader still with a plow full of snow from up North even though at CP Alton that day it was over 50°.
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

CMayhew

South into Ludlow, Kentucky across the Ohio River bridge from Cincinnati Aug. 31.

NSyorktown

With the demise of Triple Crown service, I though it might be appropriate to add a pic of one of their runs.  It used to be neat standing on the bridge at Kings Mountain, above a long TC train, seeing nothing but trailers as you looked both north and south.  This mid-August 2010 train was northbound, picking up speed down-grade (and probably headed for Ft. Wayne, IN).  The image suggests that Triple Crown service was about to be running-off-into-the-sunset!

CMayhew

Ballast dust is loosed as NS 9806 leads a southbound charge up Erlanger Hill at 12:26 p.m. Sept. 7, 2014 in Fort Mitchell, Kentucky.

florida581

NS 285, with UP 7716 leading NS 9777, rolls south through Austell, GA on storm soaked day in May of 2013.
Andrew

Matt L

NS 205 rumbles westbound at MP 389 on the Southern Tier Mainline. This photo was taken by me Saturday 10/25/2014 in Alexander, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

NS 206 passes NS 14M on the former NKP mainline. This photo was taken by me Friday 7/17/2015 on the Tifft Street bridge in Buffalo, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

NSSpike

NS 22N (MEMPHIS, TN - ATLANTA, GA)  "22 Naocho" as it often called by the dispatchers with the NS #6925 leading on the "run around" track south Whitaker Yard November 2015.
NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

NSSpike

NS 220 (DALLAS, TX (KCS IDAAT)- ATLANTA, GA) east bound with the NS 1065 at Waco Georgia MP687.9 June 2016.
NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

KWPGA01

Jersey Central 1071 leads NS2569 & Lackawanna 1074 through Georgetown, Ky on October 17, 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cmherndon

1.) After a brief stop for a crew change at Burnside, 229 starts its assault on the grade at Garland Bend, KY. October, 2015

2.) The Central of Georgia heritage unit leads train 215 over the massive trestle at South Fork, KY. If the walls from that house could talk... February, 2016

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Caleb M. Herndon, KK4CDT
Frankfort, KY
http://www.cmherndon.com

"The human mind is like a railroad freight car; guaranteed to have a certain capacity, but often running empty."

Gage O'Dell

NS 295 running through Lexington with NS 8500, newly rebuilt D8.5-CW leading

NS 229 rocketing up Kings Mountain in a foot of snow

NSSpike

NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

thpbears

Some great shots hard to pic just one for me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk