A South / North / East & West Solid NS Grain Train Move

Started by NSSpike, August 17, 2016, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NSSpike

Saturday morning into the mid-afternoon didn't include that many trains through Bremen Georgia on the Alabama East End District. At 6:15 am the East End Dispatcher told a west bound NS 225 (ATLANTA, GA- LOS ANGELES, CA (UP ZAILC) to keep them coming as he didn't have a single east bound train on the district. Really? Not long after that the Atlanta North End Dispatcher was heard issuing a track warrant to a 44X out of Cedartown with the #8783 Dash-9 40C which is LEADER/PTC equipped on the point  Something different. Sounds like a Waco grain train perhaps. What to do? Head west to Bremen or East to Austell. As I was pulling out of the drive I heard the North End Dispatcher talking with a 708 coal drag heading to plant Wansley. I am heading west to Bremen. Got there around 9am and not much traffic at all. Noticed that both storage tracks had cars so the grain train for the Waco elevators west of Bremen will have to go south of town and shove back north at the connection track. Finally a west bound 27A at 9:45 am. Amtrak 19 not even into Atlanta yet.

Finally around 10:23 with a Georgia Division crew aboard 44X rolled south into Bremen on the C-Line over the diamond to CP South Bremen and dropped off the conductor and continued south to clear the end of the solid 85 NS hopper car grain train past South Bremen signal.

With the conductor riding the rear 44X shoves back north via the connection track to the Alabama East End main line.

With the north shove complete 44X now heads east to the Bremen / Sewell siding. The crew calls out "Alabama 44X on the Bremen / Sewell siding. The Georgia Division crew ties the train down and it will be two and a half hours later before the Alabama crew shows up to take the 44X west bound to Waco.

With 44X's moves complete a north bound G67 arrives into town on the C-Line from Carrolton Ga. With a long cut of empty cars for the Bremen storage tracks. It would end up making several moves on the north leg of the Y to the storage tracks resulting in tying up the entire downtown crossings in Bremen for almost two hours. When they finally completed their work and picked up the south bound loads for Carrolton the length of their train on the  #1 storage track was full from the west de-rail across Tallapoosa Street in town. Finally G67 was able to cleared up their track warrant but the 708 coal drag had to sit north of town at the 327mp. During all this time the East End had some trains to move including Amtrak 19, 26A and 226.

NS 226 (LOS ANGELES, CA (UP ZLCAI) - ATLANTA, GA) heads east through town past G67 as it sits on the Tallapoosa street connection track road crossing.

With all of the East End Traffic moves complete and an Alabama crew aboard 44X it was time for them to make a reverse move, relocate the EOT, get high of the Bremen signal and enter the siding and couple up for the west bound move.
44X lite engines heads east on the Alabama main line as G67 sits on the Tallapoosa Street road crossing.

44X with the CN #8020 SD70M-2 now on the point heads west out of Bremen on the main line completing the final move of the four directions...South North East & West.

NS 708 ( EASTERN COAL – GP WANSLEY) heads south on the C-Line over the diamond in Bremen Georgia.

Not that many trains over the almost 6 hour period I was in Bremen but a first for me capturing a single train 44X making moves in all four Cardinal Points of the compass. All within a quarter mile of the "Bremen Diamond"
NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk