The elusive H06 and a former Conrail unit

Started by Matt L, June 10, 2016, 10:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt L

NS H06 is the lcoal that runs from Gang Mills to Geneva 5 nights per week. because the crew reports at 5 PM, the northbound run of this train runs under cover darkness except for the longest days of the year. Thus it is not photographed very much. I intercepted it for the 11th time a few days back.

Pulling onto the Corning Secondary on a rainy evening:

Running through Baker Street Yard:

All photos in this post were taken by me Sunday 6/52016 in Corning, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

The rain ended north of Corning, and I could switch from the Sony to the Nikon for better resoluiton:

NS H06 heading north at Outfield Drive in Hornby:

Cooley Road corssing in Dix shortly before sunset:

State Route 14 crossing in Himrod after dark:

For the rest of the photos fro mthe northern portion portion of H06 chase, please visit my slide show:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2016/June%202016/0605%20NS%20H06%20north

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Sunday 6/5/2016  in central New York. 

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

i stayed overnight in Geneva, which is where the NS Corning Secondary meets the Finger Lakes Railway. Speaking of FGLK, I spent the following day chasing their local HW2 as it ran to the salt mines at the south end of Seneca Lake and returned to the Watkins Glen Dvision Yard.

FLGK HW2 crossing State Route 14 in Starkey 9which is about 5 miles south of the NS crossing in Himrod):

Switiching at US Salt in Reading:

Switching at Cargill in Watkins Glen:

Heading north at Fir Tree Point Road in Rock Stream:

Swithcing after returning to the Watkins Glen Division Yard in Himrod:

For the rest of my chase of Finger Lakes Railway HW2, please visit my slide show:

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2016/June%202016/0606%20FGLK

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Monday 6/6/2016 in central New York. A big thanks goes out to the employees of the Finger Lakes Railway for the professionalism and friendliness. I am looking forward to getting another crack at both NS H06 and FGLK in a few weeks. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk