Main Menu

CTC on the Louisville side, ugh.

Started by Ed Fury, May 25, 2016, 03:14:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Fury

The railroaders might like it, or maybe not. But as a railfan this is trash.

I can't catch a train for trying. The signals are always red. Which used to mean a train within minutes. Now they stay red constantly. Then when you give up and leave a train comes by because the signal showed red for a train.

What is needed for me to host an ATCS server for the NS through the Louisville area? I downloaded the program years ago but never even tried to set it up since it was dark territory.

Are the files updated for the new changes?

Any hints, tips, or comments?

AD4YJ

Things are in the works right now...keep an eye out here, and info will be posted. Where are you located? depending on your location, we will see if it will work for a host site.

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

High_Hood

I once lived on the St. Louis line and loved those ABS signals, see a red, stop and wait a few.

ATCS isn't bad, I use it to watch the Chicago line for traffic coming by the Chesterton web cam, but it doesn't help if you are out in the field. Would be nice if there was an ATCS app for smartphones.
Randy Collins
Derby, KS

swinstandley

Quote from: High_Hood on June 12, 2016, 07:45:30 AM
I once lived on the St. Louis line and loved those ABS signals, see a red, stop and wait a few.

ATCS isn't bad, I use it to watch the Chicago line for traffic coming by the Chesterton web cam, but it doesn't help if you are out in the field. Would be nice if there was an ATCS app for smartphones.
TeamViewer on your PC running ATCS and TeamViewer on your smartphone and you'll see it wherever.

TheVARailFan

You might want to try finding a spot outside the Louisville Terminal, once you're out of a terminal district (Which is almost always dispatcher controlled CP's due to the fact that the interlockings are in close proximity) there are block signals in abundance. I live near the Norfolk Terminal District and go 5 minutes further purely because of this fact, MP N10.0 has CP's east all the way to Lamberts Point, but west of there it's ABS all the way to the N22.6. I'm fine with the CP's being east because there's a bridge that you can see very clearly make out in the distance, so that tells you if anything is coming out of Norfolk. I used to rely purely on these, but then I got ATCS and it doesn't matter as much now, but I still use them alot. I don't know where you are in Louisville or what part you railfan on, but if you look enough you can probably find a spot where you can see a signal in either direction, or right at a signal that you can easily see both sides of. Just be aware that it's likely a good bit outside Louisville as it is single track territory and block signals aren't as necessary as on 2MT or double track.
TheVARailFan; home base: Norfolk, VA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk