368/369 Lake Division

Started by tah1015613, February 05, 2016, 05:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tah1015613

The former Muncie-Ft Wayne, IN locals 368 & 369 up the New Castle District now operate west of Muncie, IN on the Frankfort District then onto the former Conrail Marion Branch to the terminus at Elkhart, IN yard.

florida581

Thanks for the update.  I adjusted them on the System wide train symbol list as well.
Andrew

NSyorktown

I will assume that #368 is one of the "new" early morning runs that heads west out of Muncie in the pre-dawn hours.

We are averaging 2-3 pre-dawn runs per weekday, of late . . . . headed west out of town.  One is a dedicated autorack train about twice a week.

We live west of town on the Muncie-Frankfort line, so get eastbounds from Lafayette plus those heading east after coming south down the Marion line to Alexandria. On a line that gets maybe 6-8 trains a day routinely, many east / southbound trains past our house are afternoon and evening runs.

tah1015613

A few days ago I noticed a westbound lined from Liberty at Bath out to Elliot Street on ATCS. I asked CIOR and he mentioned 368/369 plus the Tipton local also can go to Muncie occasionally.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk