A Little Piece of Jersey in Kentucky

Started by Gage O'Dell, May 16, 2015, 02:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

Yesterday, the only good thing to come out of New Jersey led NS 117 down the CNO&TP.. The Central New Jersey heritage unit finally escaped the clutches of the state of Ohio, since it took basically 2 days to go from Columbus to Cincinnati, and led in perfect daylight. I woke up just after 6am and happened to check on its whereabouts and saw it had cleared Walton at 4 in the morning. I gathered my things and made way to North Wye in wait of my favorite heritage unit, since last time I saw it, it was in the teens and with a couple of inches of snow on the ground.

Around 8am, 117 got a light from High Bridge and made way to the Wye where it would sit for a few and wait for some Louisville traffic to clear ahead of it. And the show and the chase was on! This was probably the easiest chase of a heritage unit I've had. Barely even broke 70! ;D. After getting him at North Wye, I got him at South Danville. Planned my shot at Moreland and got back ahead of him thanks to a 25 mph slow order.. Beat him to Palm and up Kings Mountain and at Gradison. He had M11 ahead of him, so that allowed me to catch back up at Norwood and Burnside. From Keno, I had to burn a little rubber and some brakes and smoked my way off the mountain and over to Parkers Lake with plenty of time to spare.. Had him all to myself too!

So after a fun little chase in perfect weather conditions, below are a few pictures from the outing... You can see the rest on my Flickr>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/46459752@N08/

NS 117 crosses over at North Wye after waiting for M11 and 239 to clear

Central New Jersey 1071 leads NS 117 through Moreland

NS 117 rides the roller coaster at Gradison

After a quick crew change, NS 117 grinds up hill at Keno

Matt L

The only good thing to come out of New Jersey??? As a fan of the Erie, DL&W, LV, EL and Suzie-Q, I must politely disagree.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Gage O'Dell

Quote from: Matt L on May 16, 2015, 09:25:18 PM
The only good thing to come out New Jersey??? As a fan of the Erie, DL&W, LV, EL and Suzie-Q, I must politely disagree.

Any railroad that operated out of New Jersey is the only good thing to come from there :) better?

E.M. Bell

Bon Jovi is from Jersy, so saith the wife. 
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Matt L

I agree with you wife, Mr. Bell. I'll also throw in Cinderella and Skid Row.   
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk