3 Days of bad weather on the CNO&TP in KY

Started by E.M. Bell, March 03, 2015, 08:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

To Continue the winter railroading on the NS in Kentucky, here are 3 days of bad weather (Sleet, Snow, and then Arctic COLD!) on the CNO&TP here in Kentucky

February 14th and 15, I spent the weekend showing some friends  of  ours around.  Its always great to show off your favorite piece of RR, and the NS did not disappoint.  Besides a healthy of amount of trains, we also has some interesting weather to contend with...heavy sleet, freezing rain and then a little snow coupled with wind and temps in the single digits.  This is the kind of weather that would keep most folks indoors, but I love it! 

February 28th I was back out there again, taking advantage of some sun and the remains of a 16 inch snowfall from the day before. A busy day got even better with a solid set of EMD's on 167 plus a lot of other goodies.

You can check out all the new stuff  (over 40 new images in all) at this link >>>>> http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/cnotp2nd2015

Saturday Feb 14th

A 12 hour late 251 (Southbound TripleCrown) comes through the dips at Gradison, KY

251 passes a crewless grain train at "Southern States" on the North side of Somerset, KY

NS 251 (Northbound Triplecrown) behind a spartan cab SD70 at Gradison, KY

Southbound 229 crosses over 2 to 1 at Gradison in a sleet storm

Northbound 116 comes under the new signals at Geneva, KY as the sleet tries to change to snow.

Sunday 02/15/15

Southbound 197 climbs out of the Cumberland River valley at Tateville, KY.  The temp was around 5 degrees this morning, but the sun was out!

Train 167 works through the big cut at Wiborg, KY

Saturday Feb 28th

Northbound 264 rolls up the valley between McKinney and Palm, KY

Snow still clings to the knobs as train 275 heads out onto Single track at Southfork, KY

167 tops over at Kings Mountain, KY behind a Groovy EMD Trio.....SD70Ace - SD90Mac - SD60M

Herzog MPM (Mufti-purpose Machine) #195 tied down in the house track at McKinney, KY.

Clean Rock is Happy Rock....One of the home-built Ballast cleaners spends the weekend tied down at Burnside, KY
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

leroy

Good stuff.... I like ole 8843 and the "home built ballast cleaner... I think his brother cleaner is down toward our part of the country...Saw a kershaw machine tied down at Heiskell, TN, just south of Clinton yesterday....

leroy
leroy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk