Author Topic: HO scale GP33ECO !  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Badhorse79

• Old Head
HO scale GP33ECO !
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:10:56 PM »
Figured I'd give it a shot ! Having some help from the inside I was able to see what all went into the slaughtered GP50s !!! Big flared radiators aren't the same as that of the SD70Ms flares ... Their not as long and the grills are more "boxier" !! Add an admiral cab and then some swooshie 2 tone green paint !! I figured eh what the heck !!! So here's what RES plastic locos has so far ...

Here's the donors I'll be using

Just like the GP59Es the rear engineer side has some doors replaced

Build rad housing and rebuild rear end

Here's a few shots of the new grills

Now all I need is to build the Admiral Cab , redo the anticlimber , and make the new break wheel panel and that will conclude the heavy body work !

Having fun with this one , although most fans aren't fond of the chopped up Geeps that only get work in two states after starting on this , they Green Machine 2.0s are kinda growing on me some !!!
Until next time ....

Eric .

Offline Railnet

• Old Head
Re: HO scale GP33ECO !
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 07:58:02 PM »
Any updates to your builds?
Stephen

Offline thpbears

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 03:50:18 PM »
Coming along nice.

Offline Badhorse79

• Old Head
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 11:50:29 PM »
Currently stalled on the project ... waiting for parts and other what nots ! I am scratch building the cabs and I use some cannon & co parts seeing is how most places I use aren't gonna carry detail parts anymore im having a hard time finding what I need !!! Thanks Bears   ;)

Offline leroy

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 07:53:22 AM »
Good stuff... If ya dont mind; put up a few pictures of your Admiral Cab build for us to see...

Keep up the good work...
leroy
leroy

anything