Your BEST 12 of 2014

Started by Forum Admin, January 01, 2015, 06:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forum Admin

With 2014 coming to a close, the staff thought it would be fun to take a look back at the year.  Everyone feel free to post you favorite shots of 2014, up to 12 images (1 a month??)  If you dont have 12, feel free to share what you have..

Please note, this is NOT a photo contest, just a fun way to look back at the best of the best, and we hope everyone will participate!  
The JREB.org team

Gage O'Dell

I'll bite first... 2014 was a fantastic year railroad wise for me. I got to experience steam for the first time, going on multiple excursion chases seeing lines I've never visited before, seeing 4501  and experiencing a doubleheader in Georgia. Plus finally seeing all 20 heritage units leading after 2 years. So without further ado, here are a couple shots from 2014..

2014 marked the end of the searchlights on the CNO&TP, so to pay respects to the old signals, here are a few of my best shots of them before they were taken out of service..

SOU 8099 at South Fork

NYC 1066 at South Danville

NS 197 at Geneva

Steam returns to the CNO&TP!

SOU 630 on Ohio River Bridge

SOU 630 on Cumberland River Bridge

SOU 630 at Old McDonald Farm

The Return of Southern 4501!

4501 at Chickamauga Battlefield

4501 at Rossville

Doubleheader 20+ years into the making!

4501 and 630 at Rossville

4501 and 630 at Rock Springs

After all those amazing catches, here are my final 2 images that belong here as my best of 2014!

KXHR 203 backs across the Holston River Bridge at dusk

Before being patched over, a former Alaskan GP49 sits in Ancor Yard in Southern Ohio on the CCET

jjohns5182

TheVARailFan

For my first year as a full out railfan, I had a pretty good year, got 6 NS heritage units from August 1st to December 30th, a lot of foreign power, and made plenty of trips.

I think I'll start off with a 90's power set in 2014...

More standard cabs.

Exports.

High-wides.

Amusingly toy-like consists.

Heritage.

BNSF Parade(Notice anything similar about the last three here?).

And, whatever this would be classified as...

TheVARailFan; home base: Norfolk, VA

E.M. Bell

With so much material from such a great year, it took me a few days to pick out a few favorites, but here they are.  I hope more folks will participate...I know most of us take pics, so please feel free to share with us! 

Lehigh Valley 8104 is working as the DPU on NS 23G as it trails the train Eastbound at Salvisa, KY on January 21st, 2014

The snow is starting to blow as Northbound 276 accelerates away from Danville,Ky seen here at SJ Tower on January 25th

"A Southern Sunday Morning" SR Heritage unit 8099 leads a Northbound excursion past the McDonald Farm at Coulterville TN on March 30th

NS 6161 reflects on its long career in the window of the old Lawrenceburg (KY)  RR Hotel in April

NS 288 lights up the foggy searchlight signals at Kings Mountain, Ky  before sunrise on a May Morning

NS 955 passes a ancient graveyard at Tateville, Ky on a foggy Sunday morning in early May

Southern 630 brings the first steam powered trip down the CNO&TP since 1994, seen here passing the (now gone) signals at Rice, KY.  May 17th

SR 630 departs Cincinnati just after dawn on a chilly Sunday morning.   May 18th

NS 60R stretches out through the dip at Salvisa, Ky  as a light rain falls in June

"Golden" After an oppressively hot and humid evening, the sun starts to set, creating a golden glow that reflected in the river as a Eastbound crosses the bridge at Rockville, Pa   July 23rd

Southern 4501 & 630 doublehead at Chickamauga, Ga on November 8th.

Southbound grain train 50G rolls under the doomed searchlight signals at T26 near Oakdale, Tn on Nov 9th

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

T. Mahan

T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk