Main Menu

Best Hobby Shops

Started by Michael Knight, January 01, 2015, 08:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Knight

Share your positive shopping experiences for model railroad supplies and equipment.

What online/mail-order dealers have you had positive experience with and would recommend?

Feel free to share what you like about a particular dealer.

Please note: the opinions expressed here are made in good faith by members of this forum community. Neither JREB.org nor its members assume any liability for purchase decisions based on the recommendations or experiences discussed or posted here. Use this information and these recommendations at your own risk.

thpbears

I like modeltrainstuff.com Just one particular item the River Point Station were going for 30-50 bucks a piece on Ebay this site was selling for 17  dollars a truck. They do have some good deals and shipping is always fast.

Michael Knight

Bears, I have had great experiences with modeltrainstuff.com also. While the url is modeltrainstuff.com, the store and company is known as MB Klien. It is located in Maryland and there are several affordable shipping options offered (UPS or USPS).

Trainman24210

I have used internettrains.com before and have been very pleased.  If you are close to a good brick and mortar operation by all means try to support them as well.  My problem is I'm not.  If there is something I need to look at before I buy, I buy at a hobby shop.  The one in Spencer is good.  I understand the Buford, GA shop is great.

thpbears

Oh yes how could I forget until I saw you mentioned Spencer. The little Choo Choo shop in Spencer, NC. You could actually spend a few hours in there looking at everything. Their prices are pretty good to.

Ali Kenneth

I highly recommend Feather River Trains www.featherrivertrains.com or all N Scale requirements. I have been purchasing from Chuck ever since i started modelling NS in N scale and he has been brilliant throughout.

leroy

THP... I'm a big M. B. Klein fan... I order most of my stuff thru their website, modeltrainstuff.com... On balance, i dont think there is anyone else out there that is better... We also have ordered some stuff from Caboose Hobbies as well...

Hope this helps...
leroy
leroy

NSTopHat

I have lived around the country over the past 25+ years. To me best shops, not in any particular order....

Des Plaines Hobbies, Des Plaines, (Chicago) IL
Discount Model Trains, Addison, (Dallas) TX
Caboose Hobbies, Denver, CO
TrainMaster Models, Buford, (Atlanta) GA

Russ

dschlegel

Iron Horse On 6th street in Reading, PA.
Mainline Hobbies outside of Waynesboro, PA
Dick's in Norfolk, VA
I can't remember the name but I was in one about 6 or 7 years ago in New Hampshire on rt1 across from Seacoast Harley Davidson.

SOU91

Online I've had great experience with Pro Custom Hobbies in Maryland. My local hobby shop is great. The prices are great and the gentleman that runs it retired from Norfolk Southern a few years after the merger.
William
Modeling Southern Railway 1975-1980

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk