Nemo---burned out truck

Started by Bill Richardson, December 10, 2014, 08:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Richardson

My wife and I went to Nemo Monday, and found a burned out pickup truck near the south tunnel portal.  I wonder if anybody knows the story on that.

thpbears

Looks like from the pic the engine is gone so bet they stripped it for what they needed then took it here and burned trying to get rid of fingerprints. Its what they do all the time in certain places around here.

Bill Richardson

I just looked at another photo, and it looks like the engine is still there.  It still might be a stolen truck.  I know that some times a person will burn a vehicle with a body inside in an attempt to get rid of it, or make it unidentifiable.  I have seen that in true crime shows.  That crossed my mind when I first saw it.  I didn't look closely inside.  It is pretty well burned out, but it hasn't been there very long evidently--not all rusty.

Bill Richardson

I meant to add another photo.  Here it is--maybe.

[Preview does not work when attaching a photo.  I noticed that months ago, and again when I attached the first photo of this truck.  No preview.  Have to go directly to "post".]

lwjabo

My guess is someone stole it. Stripped it of every thing they wanted and torched it so to leave no finger prints.

NS O SCALER

Just one of the reasons I do like keeping my vehicle within eye sight, or ear shot whenever I've been down to Nemo.   One of the reasons too why I bought a relatively high clearance SUV just so I don't have to leave it unattended....I just drive in.      I've run into a few characters back at Nemo, nobody that has ever made me feel  threatened, BUT I don't stay in there into the evening either....when the real "characters" show up........   Law enforcement just doesn't get back in there, so you are S.O.L. if something bad happens upon you.   Still, during the day you are okay.  Mostly fishermen, ATV'ers, and campers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk