Author Topic: Off-topic (sort of) Non-NS query.  (Read 4498 times)

Offline bristolian

• Inactives
  • Extra Board
Off-topic (sort of) Non-NS query.
« on: October 27, 2014, 09:14:29 AM »
Good afternoon everyone,

First of all, apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forum - or even not permitted. Please delete if needed. :).

After watching the Rochelle (IL) Railroad Park webcam too many times, I fancied the idea of recreating the area in Train Simulator 2014 (2015).
Can anyone please point me in the direction of resources which might show the gradient profiles, tarck layouts and speed limits etc for both the UP and BNSF tracks that pass through the area?.

Many thanks, in advance.

Very Best Wishes,
Bob. (England)

Offline florida581

• Old Head
Re: Off-topic (sort of) Non-NS query.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 10:42:26 AM »
The following is a link to the BNSF Chicago Division timetable dated 2007.  It shows elevation profiles, siding lengths and track speeds/restrictions among other info.  Rochelle is on the Aurora Sub.  http://multimodalways.org/docs/railroads/companies/BNSF/BNSF%20ETTs/BNSF%20Chicago%20Div%20ETT%20%236%206-20-2007.pdf
Andrew

Offline bristolian

• Inactives
  • Extra Board
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 11:43:49 AM »
Thank you very much indeed, Andrew :).

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.

Offline bristolian

• Inactives
  • Extra Board
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 12:19:43 PM »
The following is a link to the BNSF Chicago Division timetable dated 2007.  It shows elevation profiles, siding lengths and track speeds/restrictions among other info.  Rochelle is on the Aurora Sub.  http://multimodalways.org/docs/railroads/companies/BNSF/BNSF%20ETTs/BNSF%20Chicago%20Div%20ETT%20%236%206-20-2007.pdf

Good afternoon again Andrew,
Would you please be able to explain what the East and West figures denote between specific places on the elevation profiles?.

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.

Offline florida581

• Old Head
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2014, 01:03:55 PM »
I might be wrong, but I think they just denote the grade % for both the eastbound and westbound directions.
Andrew

Offline bristolian

• Inactives
  • Extra Board
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2014, 01:21:27 PM »
I might be wrong, but I think they just denote the grade % for both the eastbound and westbound directions.

Thank you, once again Andrew, I'll just have to fathom out and convert the US Gradient terminology to that of the UK so that I can lay the track :).

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.

Offline NSMoWandS

• Old Head
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 09:17:33 AM »
Bob, this web page might help.

http://www.urbaneagle.com/data/RRgrades.html

DE Dan