A busy Fall weekend on the NS in Central KY

Started by E.M. Bell, October 22, 2014, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.M. Bell

This past weekend kept us busy running after the Vets unit on Saturday and the NS 8114 on Sunday (I have already shared those), but in between the "special" stuff we managed to shoot a few other trains as well.  While I have already covered the change in the weather we had over the Two days, the Fall colors were pretty good in places (and getting better) and the NS was busy as usual.  

Here are a few more from the weekend, and you can check them all out at this link>>>  http://www.pbase.com/kd4jsl/2014rail_emb

Steel train 60R comes of the Wye just North of Danville, Ky and heads West on the Louisville District. This is 1 of 4 daily coil steel trains on the CNO&TP and LS, and the 60R and 61R almost always have CSX power.

Eastbound 23G comes by the block at West Harrodsburg on the Louisville Distinct, ready to start the winding street running through down town.

Train 167 eases by DV Tower, the North End of the yard at Danville, KY.

After a slow overnight trip from Louisville, NS 111 sits tied down surrounded by the Brown corn of Fall at Bowen, KY on the CNO&TP.  It would sit there most of the day until the dog catcher showed up to take it to Burnside.

The Sunday morning silence at Bowen KY is shattered as Southbound 123 passes by under a busy sky.

197 crawls up the hill at Moreland, KY on a chilly Sunday morning.

NS 215 rolls down the valley at Palm, Ky behind a Trio of UP motors.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

NSyorktown

I am totally envious, after viewing the pics from you (here) and Gage (on his thread).

It looked like a beautiful weekend to be trackside, with the peak colors and heavier traffic.

I'm surprised there is only one grain train among your pics, as we're sending you a lot of units runs right now.  Our usual 4-6 trains per day on the Frankfort/Muncie line in central Indiana is now more like 8-10 runs daily, almost all covered hoppers headed south and east following an abundant harvest.

Enjoy the show on the CNO&TP!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk