Heritage Week on the CNO&TP

Started by Gage O'Dell, October 22, 2014, 03:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

This last week we've had a heritage filled week here on the CNO&TP with the Nickel Plate, Honoring our Veterans and Original NS units. I caught some of these by pure luck and perseverance. All 3 units made 2 appearances on the CNO&TP within the week. After barely making it to Blanchet ahead of NS 289, I made the chase back toward Lexington getting it again at Kearney Hills. The next day, it led 376 north back toward Cincinnati. After some inspired running, I made it just in time to get entering the yard in Lexington. It wasn't the spot I wanted, but it would have to do.

Last Saturday, NS 6920 made a third appearance in two weeks in Lexington (the second it was trailing). Saturday was an absolute miserable day weather wise with nothing but thick clouds and rainy weather. I got it on NS 116 the week before (with the same weather conditions) and woke up just in time on Saturday to get it at CP Fayette. And from there the chase was on. After getting it at Catnip Hill in Nicholasville and after some inspired driving and lady luck, I made it to Burgin and North Wye. I got it one last time at South Danville before letting it go in the gloomy afternoon.

Sunday was a complete contrast compared to Sunday. After driving down to Salvisa to meet up with Emmett, we hung out south of Danville wasting time until 295 came. Luckily, 295 got to Burgin in near perfect lighting before the chase south. Once 295 started to get fuel, we headed south to scout spots for the next shot. After skipping the shot at Bowen, we settled for the curve at Palm. Which was a better decision! Thankfully, 215 and 167 took their time getting up the mountain giving 295 a bad signal at Geneva and us at one more shot at 295 in South Fork. After a perfect fall day with good power and friends. That ended the heritage filled week!

So without further ado, that's the end of my essay, below are a "few" pics throughout the week... You can see the REST on my Flickr page>>https://www.flickr.com/photos/46459752@N08/

NS 289 rolls passed the barn in Blanchet with an IC leading followed by the NKP

NS 376 comes into Lexington Yard with the NKP 8100 leading

NS 6920 leads NS 116 under the Newtown Crossing Pedestrian Bridge in Lexington

NS 8114 brings hotshot 229 through the rain in Lexington

NS 6920 gets NS 147 back underway at CP Fayette as it passes the old tobacco warehouse

NS 147 charges upgrade at Catnip Hill with the Honoring our Veterans leading the way

NS 295 and NS 8114 sprint through the small town of Burgin

NS 8114 rolls through the Green River Valley at Palm

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk