N scale Fox Valley NS Heritage SD70ACe units released.

Started by Ed Fury, October 15, 2014, 11:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Fury

Just a fyi or heads up in case a N scale modeller didn't already know.

Fox Valley has their N scale Sd70ACe units available for sale from various hobby store outlets. Online or real life.

To me personally they look better then the Kato versions.

I have seen all ten heritage units available at online stores and there are 4 regular NS painted engines including the 1030. None of the non heritage units are above the number 1050 if I remember correctly. Maybe 1042 is the highest #?

The Kato NS non-heritage units stopped at like 1009 or something if I remember correctly.

I bought the Reading and the NYC. Even though I don't model the NS I had to get the first heritage unit I saw in person and the first unit that I actually got to spend 4 hours right next to while driving around the AW&W yard one night.

dschlegel

I have 5 of the Kato units and am pretty happy with them, they're pretty decent pullers( I have the RDG, S&A, and the VGN pulling my 212 right now and the CNJ and Wabash on my 15T).
I'm curious about the standard NS black units though and will check them out soon.
Thanks for posting!
PA Dan

Ali Kenneth

I much prefer the Fox Valley ones over the Kato ones, the detail on them is outstanding. I have Kato ones in UP, CSX and BNSF but am only going to buy FVM ones for my NS fleet.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk