Author Topic: Caboose  (Read 3283 times)

Offline lwjabo

• Inactives
  • Old Head
Caboose
« on: October 15, 2014, 12:45:38 AM »
Would like to buy two model Southern Cabooses. What would I expect to pay? Where is a good place to buy them. Since I would like to look them over first. Is there a place I can buy then near Atlanta. I would like to give them for Christmas to my grand daughters. I doubt they will ever try to build model trains so looking for those that you can open and see inside. Just something for them to remember me by.

Offline thpbears

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
Re: Caboose
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 04:23:30 AM »
Try Ebay. They have about everything that the stores don't even carry anymore for half the price. They have pretty good images that you can look at before buying.

Offline NSMoWandS

• Old Head
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 02:16:26 PM »
Sadly, Kennesaw Trains closed a few years ago... they were great! What scale were you thinking of? I would not recommend anything smaller than HO. If HO is okay... there are very many varieties out there. Some cheap plastic for under $20... some, super detailed brass models that are closer to $100-150. Let me know and I will see what I can find. DE Dan

Offline lwjabo

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 01:35:44 AM »
I haven't had any model trains since I was a kid. Take my word for it that was LONG ago. So not into size but would like one with some detail. Plus would not want it so small that you need a magnifying glass to see most of the detail.

Offline NSMoWandS

• Old Head
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 11:12:43 AM »
Okay, well, in HO scale... the only caboose with interiors was from Rapido... and were only available in CP or CSX paint. However, there is an O scale Southern Bay Window Caboose with interior. See link below...

https://www.lionel.com/Products/Catalogs/Catalog.cfm?CatalogUID=081E5D32-B5F7-C6B9-8B388993D4100E58&PageID=1784

Caboose is at bottom of page.
Hope this helps... DE Dan

Offline lwjabo

• Inactives
  • Old Head
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 08:57:40 PM »
Thanks. This yellow bay style looks good but the lights on the side are wrong. The yellow bay type had no power and if it had these lights they would not be on the side. The disk rear marker was more what I was looking for. Who road the caboose turned it red for the main and yellow when clear of the main. Is there a place I can buy a kit to assemble? Or at least buy the basics and add what I'm wanting in it?

Offline NSTopHat

• Inactives
  • Old Head
    • My Zenfolio Page
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 09:03:39 AM »
Go to TrainMaster models out in Bufrod, They have an excellent inventory and can help you find exactly what you are looking for.

Regards,
Russ Goodwin
Buford, GA