Author Topic: Crew Packs  (Read 2162 times)

Offline NSSpike

• Old Head
Crew Packs
« on: August 03, 2014, 05:54:11 AM »
Question For The Old Heads. NS trains running thru the Atlanta Terminal are always asked as part of a scheduled crew swap "how are your supplies?" This time of year ice is almost always asked for. Water is second and next is "Crew Packs" Just what are "Crew Packs?"  Some type of MRE?  Watch I'll be way off base on this one! Anyway I searched this sites boards and found nothing on the subject "crew packs" so I figured I'd ask. In advance thanks for a response

NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

Offline thpbears

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
Re: Crew Packs
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 07:22:43 AM »
I have seen on Ebay toiletry items  Guess when the toilets did not flush because some old heads said they would throw the bags onto passing trains. And while we are on this topic I see pallets of water in bottles  but I have never saw one with a label. Just clear plastic bottles. I always thought that was weird.

Offline csx6900

• Old Head
  • The East Tennessee Railfan
    • RailSightings.com
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »
I have seen on Ebay toiletry items.

Basically yes.  Napkins, plastic-ware, wet wipes, toilet seat covers, etc, all in a clear plastic pack.  Think of the packs you'd get at a BBQ joint with your utensils and a napkin inside... Just a little more variety.

-Evan
Owner and Administrator of RailSightings.com

Offline E.M. Bell

• Founder & CEO of Jreb.org
  • Administrator
  • Old Head
  • The EMD Hugger
    • http://www.jreb.org
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 01:37:25 PM »
Usually they just have a set of ear plugs, hand sanitizer, a small folder section of TP, some larger paper towels ect...a few basic necessities that are easier to distribute that way than to try to stock on each locomotive.  Evan, I have never seen "Plastic ware" in any of them.

Pretty handy to have, and not just on the job :)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Offline NSSpike

• Old Head
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 08:19:19 PM »
A little searching on the net returned the following.
http://custompackagingcompany.com/crew-paks.html

Not much detail here but hey, a little search results in little details.
Thanks to those experienced ones that provided a response.
NSSpike
CDDX
MP680.6

Offline Ed Fury

• Inactives
  • Old Head
    • Flickr
Re: Re: Crew Packs
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 04:50:49 AM »
Premium Waters, Inc.
Greeneville, TN.

Not sure if that's CSX or NS water. I have some left over water bottles from my PTI days.

Offline E. Hodgson

• Forum Host
  • Administrator
  • Old Head
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 08:30:32 AM »
CSX water comes from some company in Florida, but a funny fact they purchase it through RJ Corman and it's delivered to the yards labeled RJ Cormon Industries, CSX corp! Imagine my surprise when I delivered to four different CSX terminals for RJ Corman...