Author Topic: NMRA 2014 Nat'l Convention  (Read 1124 times)

Offline NSyorktown

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
NMRA 2014 Nat'l Convention
« on: July 19, 2014, 01:28:56 PM »
I spent Monday, Thursday, and Friday in Cleveland, Ohio (this past week), at the 2014 NMRA National Convention.  Norfolk Southern "items" were found everywhere on the Train Show floor, from rolling stock to heritage units.

Some scenes from this year's Train Show at the national convention:

#1 & #2) Athearn is releasing a version of NS 3215, the Cleveland NMRA "special" locomotive
#3 & #4) The original Norfolk Southern was represented on one modular layout
#5 & #6) A dream line-up, with 4 heritage units on the front of a 65-car coal train
#7) For the ATCS crowd, this was the dispatcher station on one modular layout (yes, those are big screen monitors, as I had my 6-foot tall son stand next to the displays for a reference).

Offline NSyorktown

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
Re: NMRA 2014 Nat'l Convention
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 04:04:12 PM »
I just ran across one more image of the unit coal train with the 4 NS heritage locomotives on the front.  It's not the best picture, because the train picked up speed once it hit a straight section of track. 

This would be one cool train, in 1:1 scale!

Offline thpbears

• Global Moderator
  • Old Head
Re: NMRA 2014 Nat'l Convention
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2014, 06:16:46 PM »
Pretty nice. Wish I was there. Saw Athearn going to have a SD70 with the flared radiators this fall I think it was. Plus Walthers going to have a nice fall release of a Ford dealership but after stripping those decals I think a trackside CAT factory is in the works for my layout. ( Starting the excavating in the morning.) :D