11 (55%)
Carmon Bell 1069
2 (10%)
NS_Milepost_279.2 Run Through
2 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: July 06, 2014, 02:01:12 PM

JCagle

After a little down time last month it's time to get the contest started back up in June. In the past we have looked for city themed entries, so why not flip the bill and have a country themed contest. Barns, fields, and little country churches are just some of the favorite places out in the country to snag a shot. how off yours this month. We will take up to 2 entries per person, and the contest will be open until June 28. All standard JREB photo contest rules apply. Good luck to all!
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

K4SOU

The Veteran's unit leads 229 through Blanchet, KY on 11/9/13.
Mark Chester Jr

K4SOU

SOU 630 leads 956 past a couple of barns in Somerset, KY on 5/31/14.
Mark Chester Jr

Gage O'Dell

Photo 1: Southern 630 passes the McDonald Farm just north of Sale Creek, TN

Photo 2: VGN 1069 rides through the mountains near Glenita, VA

JCagle

I don't enter the contest much but I had one that popped out at me from my memory so I thought I would throw it up.

A Warbonnet leads 338 through the country near China Grove, NC back in November 2010.

T. Mahan

The faint sound of distant rooster crowing, and the fragrant smell of bovine feces linger in the air at Bowen, KY.  Soon replaced by the chugging roar, wailing whistle, beeping and clicking of fancy picture taking contraptions, and smell of coal smoke, if only for a few minutes before the sounds and smell of country life returns.  SR 630 on Lexington-Oneida southbound trip at Bowen, KY 5/31/14.
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

T. Mahan

A different take on Mr. Chester's shot at Grove, KY.
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

TylerHardin33

55A passes by an old ranch house just north of Dryridge KY

Southern 630 leads NS 957 southbound through Blanchet KY

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Here's a heritage double header passing the most photographed fence in kentucky
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Kentucky & Indiana Terminal RR

Here's the "sarge" racing by lake wells
"The engineer in the old high cab his gold watch in his hand, looking at the waterglass and letting down the sand, rolling out on the old main line taking up the slack, gone today so they say but tomorrow he'll be back...."

Matt L

Entry #1: the Wabash unit leads NS 13T eastward through the Canisteo River valley. The photo was taken by me Thursday 12/2/6/2013 in Adrian, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Entry #2: NS 13T is heading westbound on the Southern Tier Mainline last fall. Photo taken by me Friday 10/25/2013 in Cameron Mills, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

dschlegel

My first shot was taken at Shenandoah Junction, WV on May 2 of this year of a southbound rolling through the fields and orchards north of the bridge over CSX.

dschlegel

My second entry is a westbound ethanol train I took on April 13 of this year just east of Fleetwood, PA on the NS Reading Line.

callduckfarm

I06 crosses a country lane and passes an old silo in Portageville, NY on 10/12/2013.

callduckfarm

W10 passes the livestock sheds of a little country homestead at Swain, NY on 3/30/2014.

tq-07fan

1) NS 218 approaching Lucasville OH. Most of the country is on the west (left) side of US 23 and NS Columbus District in the Scioto River Valley but the farmhouses, barns and other buildings tend to be built on the East side of the tracks out of the flood plain.

2) Emerson RD south of Circleville OH on the Columbus District on March 24 2009. An NS signal maintainer is one of many making the wiring and other changes for the signal cutover between Circleville and Delano from the N & W CPLs like the in the background to the new hooded signals like ones next to the road. The signature N & W codeline on the left has along with the CPL signals have only been deactivated for an hour or so after over fifty years of service.

Jim

NS_Milepost_279.2

I may be stretching the rules a tad...BUT...this is a Norfolk Southern run through freight, with NS power on the ex-Milwaukee Road in Northern Illinois. I have some other farm shots, but that early morning fog is worth stretching for.  ;)

-Alex

"NORFOLK SOUTHERN MILEPOST 2-7-9 DOT 2 NO DEFECTS"

JCagle

The poll is up and active for 5 days.

Forum Admin

Congratulations to Carmon Bell for her winning image "NS 387 at Kite TN" !!

Stay tuned for the next contest, and here is a hint of the subject.  It will be something we have been talking a lot about the past few months here. 
The JREB.org team

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk