Main Menu

NS -8 40C

Started by Ladderpipe, May 04, 2014, 01:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladderpipe

I thought I had posted the beginnings of this project but I guess I didn't because I can't seem to locate any previous threads on in. Then again, its real late and it's been a lonngggggggg day so I probably looked right over it and didn't notice it. Anyway, here is the almost done 8759.

thpbears

NSMoWandS

Nice! Did you make the drop steps yourself... or did the model come like that? DE Dan
PS- I looked for a thread for this... didn't find it either.

Ladderpipe

I notched the step myself and then rebuilt it with styrene. I guess NS -8's (and not even all of those) were the only -8's built with that feature.

NSMoWandS

I am not sure... and Badhorse will correct me if I am wrong, but, I believe NS modified some of the
Dash-8s with those drop steps to better line up with some EMD units. Either way... you did a great job!
DE Dan

Badhorse79

8689-8713 dont have the drop step the first order 8689-8709 were built 12/90 8710-8713 3/91 the rest were built over a year later in 8-9-10/92 im guessing in between orders NS noticed an issue and requested the drop steps also added was the box between the break wheel and the cab for the event recorder and crew alerted

NSMoWandS

BH... So, the step came like that from GE? DE Dan

NSDash9

NS 8714-8763 were built with that notched anticlimber to make it safer when crossing over to EMD units.

Chris
Chris R. Toth

NSMoWandS

Quote from: NSDash9 on May 07, 2014, 07:16:27 PM
NS 8714-8763 were built with that notched anticlimber to make it safer when crossing over to EMD units.

Chris

Thanks Chris! DE Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk