Final shots of some Southern Searchlights

Started by Gage O'Dell, April 21, 2014, 09:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gage O'Dell

I had no intention of going out yesterday afternoon, but thanks to a text from Mr. JREB himself, I wandered out to catch an SD60 leading 179. I had planned for Bowen and Gradison, but after seeing 179 slowly pass by me at Gradison, I decided to try for Norwood and get my first real shot of the northbound side of the signals. As I caught up to them at Science Hill, 179 had reached track speed so I had to get it in gear. I may have broken some speeding laws and experienced a little whiplash getting out of the car, but I got a shot of the Norwood signals.  :)

Then the post from E.M today saying that the signals between Norwood and Eubank would no longer be standing at the end of the day. The JREB-mobile had just talked about how we wish the searchlights would hold on until the steam trips in late May. Now the day has come where some of the searchlights are starting to fall and progress continues its way north. It's a sad day on the CNO&TP. Progress is here.. and it sucks.

My Flickr if you'd like to follow >> https://www.flickr.com/photos/46459752@N08/

NS 179 rides the Roller Coaster at Gradison with the searchlights looming in the background

NS 179 runs at track speed past the searchlights in Norwood and sets its sights on Somerset

NS 276 comes into Fairy Curve in Norwood with the searchlights waiting for their impending doom

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk