NS South Boston Line

Started by Seth Evans, December 20, 2013, 01:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seth Evans

Looking for any and all info on this lines operations. Would like to know the radio frequency, the schedule of when they operate, the power they normally use, what industries they work, etc etc. Along with any tips and helpful info about the line. I plan to railfan the line soon and would like to gather some info before doing so.

Thanks, Seth Evans
When in doubt, notch it out

Ptrainman

Are you speaking on the Durham District on the Virginia Division that runs through South Boston, VA?

Paul
NS Virginia Division Expert & Railfan
KK4KQX

Seth Evans

Yes, I've gotten all the info I needed today with acceptation to when the local trains go on duty and what there symbols are

Ptrainman

V23 goes on duty at 700a Mon-Fri and V27 goes on duty at 500p Mon-Fri at South Boston.

Paul
KK4KQX

Seth Evans

Awesome. Thanks a bunch. I heard V27 working last night on my way home and he was on the Hyco branch. What do those trains generally work? And whats the "average" amount of coal trains to run on the line?

Ptrainman

Well if the V27 was on the Hyco Spur then they were going to work the CertainTeed Sheetrock plant at Hyco Power Plant. On the southern end you have CertainTeed at Hyco, Louisiana Pacific near the State Line, and Georgia Pacific and Camp Chemicals in Roxboro.

And as far as the coal trains go, its hit and miss since Duke bought out Progress. Some days they run 1 and some days they run 3-4. The last week or so its been about 2 a day.

Shoot me a PM when you think you want to come up and Ill find out whats running and show you around.

Paul
KK4KQX

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk