CSR and CNO&TP ROW and Track Maps for Tennessee

Started by rcornelius1942, December 10, 2013, 04:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rcornelius1942

The Tennessee Comptroller of the Treasury, Office of Assessed Properties are serving up 1927 ROW and Track maps for a bunch of Tennessee Counties. I've attached a sample and the URL for the site is below.
Hope this might be interesting to some. And I hope its not posted somewhere on the Forum.

http://www.comptroller.tn.gov/sap/RRmaps.asp

butch

Ignore the stains on the keyboard, it's just from me drooling over the maps.

Thanks, Butch
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

E.M. Bell

Ron, Welcomed to Jreb...we are glad to have you with us!  While we seem to focus a lot on the modern things here, you will find a pretty dedicated group of folks like Butch and myself who cant get enough of these old maps and such, so please feel free to post as much of this stuff as you want.  Just when I think Butch has shown us every old map and track chart ever made for the CNO&TP, something else neat like this pops up..

I took the liberty of moving your post here to the vintage rails section, where more folks are likely to see it.
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

bierbass

Jawdroppingly cool. I've learned so much about Knoxville today. Thanks for the link!

rcornelius1942

E.M., Glad that you moved the post to a more appropriate place and that it has been found interesting. Some of the artifacts (particularly bridges) of the Brimstone RR out of New River, still exist but are fading fast. I am so glad these maps are out in the open rather than mothballed in some dark repository.

Thanks for the cordial welcome!

rcornelius1942

Gentlemen, Glad the post was of interest. Now to get some GIS person to overlay them on a modern map, huh? Extracted the image from one and tried to use Google Earth Image Overlay, but the extracted image was too big to work properly. Cropped it down and got some pieces close but too labor intensive in GE.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk