Main Menu

October 2012 Contest

Started by JCagle, October 07, 2013, 06:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vote for your favorite 2 images.  The poll will be open for 5 days.

Batman:  NS OCS at Wildwood
9 (34.6%)
Callduckfarm:  NS 13T on Portage Bridge
8 (30.8%)
Callduckfarm:  CR TV-310 Southern Tier Line
1 (3.8%)
T. Mahan:  NS 916 at Garlands Bend
1 (3.8%)
Matt L:  NS 12T at CP Gibson
1 (3.8%)
Matt L:  NS H77 Painted Post, NY
2 (7.7%)
Chip Allen:  NS 212 at Lula, GA
2 (7.7%)
NSMoWandS:  Trees and Train on PD District
2 (7.7%)
Butch:  Tunnel 12
1 (3.8%)
Butch:  Garwood Trestle
0 (0%)
EM Bell:  Southern 630 at Cloverdale GA
8 (30.8%)
EM Bell:  NS 055 at Harrodsburg KY
4 (15.4%)
NickAmy:  NS 167 at Birdseye IN
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Voting closed: November 06, 2013, 09:29:48 PM

JCagle

It has become somewhat of a tradition to do a fall colors contest in the month of October or November and it is usually one of the most popular contests of the year. We will stick with tradition and do a fall colors contest this month.  We will take entries until halloween night and then let the voting begin. All of the normal rules apply. Contact me via email or pm with any questions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Batman

NS OCS at Wildwood , Ga.   

JCagle

Just a couple more weeks for entries this month. With the colors changing quickly I'm sure we will see some more entries start coming in soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk now Free
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

callduckfarm

NS 13T on the Portage Bridge on 10/4/2013.

callduckfarm

A blast from the past.
CR TV-301 on the Southern Tier Line on 10/26/1985.

T. Mahan

I already see there is awesome competition, but here is my horse for the race...

I took my week long Kentucky Fall pilgrimage earlier than usual this year, and as usual one day was spent track side, meeting up with E.M. and Carmon.  The colors weren't peak, but better fall color than I see in Florida. Anyway NS 916 with a rusty ol' Dash 8 through the cut at Garland's bend just south of Tateville, KY.
T.J. Mahan
Green Cove Springs, FL
www.facebook.com/tjm6515

Matt L

Entry #1: NS 12T arrives at CP Gibson in Corning, NY on Friday 10/11/2013.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

chipallen16

NS 212 begins to lean into the curve just outside of downtown Lula, GA on the Greenville District. Seconds later, it will take an approach signal at Belton to meet train I37.

-Chip  :)

NSMoWandS

Fall colors on both the trees and the train make for a good day on the PD District. DE Dan

Matt L

Entry #2: NS local H77 is a light engine move at Chemung Street in Painted Post, NY. The former Penn Central GP38-2s are heading down the former EL Wayland branch to pick up a consist left by the Bath & Hammondsport RR. BTW, the B&H engines (an Alco and an MLW) can be seen smoking in the background. Photo taken by me Friday 10/25/2013.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

butch

Here are a couple from Saturday; first up is a work train coming out of Tunnel 12 on the old Virginian at Micajah WV.  The second is a late afternoon shot of a "hill run" crossing Garwood Trestle from the top of the T9 portal.
Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

E.M. Bell

Missionary Ridge is still alive with color even in November, as Southern 630 rolls North through Cloverdale, Georgia on 11/10/12

EMDX 1201 leads NS train 055 through Harrodsburg Kentucky during its One and only stint on the road in that special CAT paint job. 10/26/13
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

Forum Admin

Just a reminder, Tomorrow (Thursday 10/30/13) is the deadline for entries in this months contest, so be sure to get YOUR images in before then!
The JREB.org team

NickAmy

NS train 167 struggles uphill near Birdseye, Indiana with multiple SD40-2's in tow.

NSMoWandS

Quote from: Forum Admin on October 30, 2013, 09:55:45 PM
Just a reminder, Tomorrow (Thursday 10/30/13) is the deadline for entries in this months contest, so be sure to get YOUR images in before then!

You know it's 2013? LOL!

Forum Admin

The poll is now up you may vote for your favorite 2 images.  Poll will remain open until November 6.
The JREB.org team

Forum Admin

Just a reminder, voting closes Wednesday evening around 8:30pm, be sure to get your vote in before then!
The JREB.org team

Forum Admin

Congratulations to Batman for his winning shot in this month's contest.  Stay tuned for next months topic.
The JREB.org team

Batman

thank you.....thank you very much !

butch

Butch Adkins

Railroad Tunnel hunting in Kentucky

chipallen16

I'm so bagging this shot with 630 tomorrow..

-Chip  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk