Main Menu

2 questions

Started by JoeSmith357, August 28, 2013, 08:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeSmith357

1. I noticed there is no ATCS virginia division forum

2. Since my last visit to this area (N&W Christiansburg/Pokey/Pulaski/Whitethorne), there actually appears to be LESS ATCS coverage than in previous trips. I make about 1 trip a year and each year ATCS coverage seems to be better, this year it's actually worse. Are servers down or is NS changing to satellite like CSX is all over the place.

CSX seems to be almost useless on some lines as far as ATCS goes anymore in case any of you railfan CSX lines.

NSMoWandS

Possibly servers either down or have been removed(someone moved). NS is actually expanding RCL(Radio Code Line). No sure how familiar you are with ATCS... but, the servers are all volunteer work. They require a computer, internet connection, radio(scanner), antenna, and hardware. That can run a few hundred dollars. Sometimes, things go down and take a while to get back up. Sometimes, the guy in charge is either out of town, maybe hundred of miles away, or needs to get new hardware. There is a map over on ATCS yahoo group that shows which areas are active at the moment. Hope this helps.     DE Dan

JoeSmith357

Quote from: NSMoWandS on August 30, 2013, 08:31:41 AM
Possibly servers either down or have been removed(someone moved). NS is actually expanding RCL(Radio Code Line). No sure how familiar you are with ATCS... but, the servers are all volunteer work. They require a computer, internet connection, radio(scanner), antenna, and hardware. That can run a few hundred dollars. Sometimes, things go down and take a while to get back up. Sometimes, the guy in charge is either out of town, maybe hundred of miles away, or needs to get new hardware. There is a map over on ATCS yahoo group that shows which areas are active at the moment. Hope this helps.     DE Dan

I'm aware of all that, just asking the question...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk