2 new MCPs have popped up on the 1st district

Started by AD4YJ, August 01, 2013, 07:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AD4YJ

I was watching ATCS Monitor Wednesday, and noticed 2 new MCPs. I don't know much about them, but comparing error rates from 3 servers receiving their packets, they both seem to be between Greendale and Rogers Gap. They are basically just running in automatic mode, they are not sending out any indications as of yet. Will keep you posted when I find out where they are, and will update the layout when I get them decoded.

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

E.M. Bell

With the new crossovers and signals up and finished at CP Georgetown, I wonder if that is what you are seeing.  That project has been complete now for some time, but never cut in.  I wonder if they have turned them on for some reason.

I noticed last week that several places down South that have new signals up (but the old ones still in service) have been "turned on" but are still facing away from the tracks. The new signals at Norwood showed the same indications as the old ones did...but you could only see it from the road :)
E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

swinstandley

Attached is a photo taken June 15th of the new signal in Georgetown.

Stew

AD4YJ

A little birdie told me that the new signals will go online August 11th.....

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

AD4YJ

It appears the little birdie was correct, and the new signals in Gtown have now been cutover. With this, Akers also has new signals. I will get to work decoding the new MCPs ASAP. Looks like the 2 new MCPs were actually replacements for the old ones, and are now online.

Paul
Paul
Co-Moderator ATCS Board

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk