1 (5.9%)
Callduckfarm - H12 at Sayre PA
1 (5.9%)
Callduckfarm - 309 Castlle Ny
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: May 07, 2013, 12:24:32 PM

JCagle

The April contest is themed Buildings. Buildings give the option to be a background for the shot, or they could be an element of the foreground. This month as long as it has an NS train and a building in the shot it can be entered.  The contest will be open for entry until April 28.  The normal contest rules in the contest board apply. Good luck to all!
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

Matt L

Entry #1: NS H12 switches next to the former Lehigh Valley RR station. I can remember when this station was used by the LV and CR in my younger days. It is a museum now.

Photo taken by me Friday 8/24/2012 in Sayre, PA. I'll post my other photo for the contest as time permits.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

NSMoWandS

With the Bluefield, WV engine house in the background... we see the three heritage units waiting for their next run. Lucky for me... they just happen to be the heritage units that make up the biggest slices of the NS pie! Dan

NSMoWandS

A NS freight slowly rolls into Roanoke, VA passing the Taubman Museum. Dan

dschlegel

For my first entry, we have the NS 20K rolling east on February 10, 2013 through downtown Fleetwood, PA on the NS Reading Line. The brick building on the right is part of the complex where the Fleetwood Body Company began, which evolved into the Cadillac Motor Company (hence the popular Cadillac model Fleetwood). The grain silos in the background belong to FM Brown's Sons feed mill.

dschlegel

My second entry was taken on a steamy August 19, 2012 while waiting for the 765 to come across the river from Enola with an employee trip. These two units are sitting at the Harrisburg Fuel Pad. In the background can be seen not only the Harrisburg Terminal Tower, but also the dome to the Pennsylvania State Capitol building in downtown Harrisburg, PA.

Dan

dschlegel

Quote from: Matt L on April 09, 2013, 07:48:04 PM
Entry #1: NS H12 switches next to the former Lehigh Valley RR station. I can remember when this station was used by the LV and CR in my younger days. It is a museum now.

Photo taken by me Friday 8/24/2012 in Sayre, PA. I'll post my other photo for the contest as time permits.

Hey Matt, this is a great shot, I keep finding myself wanting to get back up to Rt 17 to railfan looking at at!

Dan

Matt L

Thanks, Dan. LV had alot of classy and sturdy brick stations along its route. I toured another LV station recently, which I will eventually share here at jreb.org as time permits.

Here is entry #2 for this month: a Western New York & Pennsylvania RR local led by vintage C430 #432 passes a former Erie RR/EL station while heading westbound on Norfolk Southern rails. The WNYP operates on a couple miles of the Southern Tier Mainline (CP Cass to the yard) via trackage rights, in order to interchange with NS.

Photo taken by me Thursday 8/20/2009 in Hornell, NY. The time was shortly after sunset.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

NS_Milepost_279.2

Here's my entry, NS 956 rolls through Oliver Springs, TN with an ex-Conrail veteran leading six brand new heritage units. All less than 72 hours old. The theme of this shot was old and new, being the old Oliver Springs drug store where, in fact, Doctor Stone used to deliver babies in as hard as it is to believe, the small hospital that was upstairs many years ago. I found out this neat tid bit of info from a lady living in the town. Needless to say, it made an interesting piece for this photo.

-Alex
"NORFOLK SOUTHERN MILEPOST 2-7-9 DOT 2 NO DEFECTS"

WSSHPTD

My entry is of Southern 630 putting her train away in the shadow of the Roundhouse and Backshop at the North Carolina Transportation Museum in Spencer NC. The date is April 13th 2013 and 630 was doing a little switching after running a series of three roundtrips from the museum at Spencer to Barber NC as part of the Norfolk Southern 21st Century Steam Program.

Michael

ARandall70

Empty ethanol train 69K in Raleigh, North Carolina in February 2011.

The Wabash heritage unit leads P10 by the Original Norfolk Southern depot at Colon, North Carolina. In tow is the last train to serve the Cape Fear Steam plant at Brickhaven. Colon is where the original NS crossed over the Seaboard Air Line on a flyover about 1/4 mile east of this spot. The track in the foreground connects with what is now CSX's S-line, although the track is grown over at some points and is no longer used. The other sidings once served the Lee Brick plant, which closed in 2009 and was subsequently demolished. The plant was a large NS customer and its closing led to the mothballing of the NS-line from MP 253 to MP 264. Now that the power plant is closed, the Atlantic and Western Railway handles the switching in this area, with NS retaining ownership and dispatching duties.
Anthony Randall
Fuquay-Varina, NC
www.youtube.com/user/ARandall70

imjeep

Eastbound stopped in front of United Feeds in Griggsville, IL. The picture was taken on Thursday evening, April 18th, 2013. The storm clouds are the last of the storms that passed through this area over the previous week and the train is one of the last to pass through until the water goes down at Hannibal.
Earl Pursley
Pittsfield, IL

callduckfarm

H12 with some CP power at the Sayre, PA station on 2/4/13.

callduckfarm

309 passes the Agway and water tower platform in Castile, NY on 11/10/2012.

Forum Admin

The poll is up, and voting open for the next 5 days!
The JREB.org team

Forum Admin

Voting ends in less than 24 hours. Be sure to get your vote in before Noon on Tuesday the 7th!
The JREB.org team

Forum Admin

Congratulations to Alex Wood (NS_Milepost_279.2) for his first contest win here at Jreb, with his image "Heritage at Oliver Springs TN" !

Thanks to everyone for entering, and stay tuned for for the next contest!
The JREB.org team

dschlegel

Quote from: Forum Admin on May 07, 2013, 05:13:10 PM

Congratulations to Alex Wood (NS_Milepost_279.2) for his first contest win here at Jreb, with his image "Heritage at Oliver Springs TN" !

Thanks to everyone for entering, and stay tuned for for the next contest!

Very well deserved, its an awesome photo!
Dan

NS_Milepost_279.2

Thanks everyone. You all had equal as nice photo's, great competition this month.

-Alex
"NORFOLK SOUTHERN MILEPOST 2-7-9 DOT 2 NO DEFECTS"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk