7 (41.2%)
dschlegel 21r
2 (11.8%)
dschlegel 20r
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: April 06, 2013, 09:10:27 PM

JCagle

March is known for being a mixed bag of weather. Sometimes it can be full blown winter, and other days seem like Spring is finally here. The change of weather can drive photographers crazy. The theme for the March contest is weather. Lets see your shots where the weather isnt bright and sunny.
The deadline for entry is March 31st. All the normal rules apply.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

NSMoWandS

This pic was taken at Chrysler Yard in Newark, DE as Hurricane Irene(Aug 2011) was just leaving the area. All the power from Edgemoor, DE yard was brought down for safety. Good thing too, as Edgemoor Yard flooded!

NSMoWandS

This was taken Dec 2012. 65J(trash) coming across the Rockville Bridge with eight engines, the first four being SD80MAC's. I swear there is a mountain behind it!

JHood4501

Here's 154 in Oakwood, Georgia from 2/23/13. The forecast had changed a couple of days before from partly cloudy to cloudy to rain and the temperature dropped too. Needless to say it was not the kind of day I was hoping for, but it turned out to be pretty good anyway.
Jordan Hood

callduckfarm

Gotta go with older predecessor CR pics for this one. I don't get out much anymore in the crummy weather.

Pic #1 - CR train BICR at Portage, NY on the Southern Tier Line in the pouring rain.

Pic#2 - An Alco leads an Eastbound into Altoona, Pa as helpers await an assignment in the distance.

Matt L

Entry #1: a rather soggy day from last summer, with NS 15M passing through Buffalo Creek Junction while Buffalo Southern's MLW-powered local picked up some freight left earlier by NS local H0A (and also CSX).

Photo taken by me Friday 7/20/2012 at Tifft Street in Buffalo, NY.
Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

Matt L

Entry #2: this was my final sighting of a Geep in Conrail blue. NS local H77 picks up a string of tank cars from the Bath & Hammondsport RR on what used to be Conrail's Bath Secondary. NS leased the track to the B&H over a decade ago. This day was mild but damp. Drizzle fell during much of my chase. Did I care? Nope. Catching Geeps, the B&H Alcos (not shown here of course), stick rail and street-side running made the trip worthwhile. 

Photo taken by me Monday 4/25/2011 in Painted Post, NY.

Got questions? I can help you with the Erie Lackawanna (including predecessors), Lehigh Valley, Delaware & Hudson and the shortlines of upstate NY.

E.M. Bell

Bad weather...now that is my kind of subject for a contest!  

NKP 765 steams thorough a late Fall Thunderstorm at English Lake, Indiana.  October 2010

A cold, steady rain falls about an hour before sunrise as NS 275 holds the main at Waddy KY, while Westbound 76J eases into the siding.

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
Salvisa, KY

dschlegel

First is the 21R at about 13:00 hours on June 12, 2012 roaring west out of Harrisburg at Cove, PA in a downpour.

dschlegel

For my second submission here is the 20R on a cold, dreary eastern PA day rolling east around MP12 on the Reading Line. Photo was taken from the Dreiblebiss cemetery (final resting place of e Revolutionary War Veteran!!) on January 27, 2013, and the sun had just dropped below the clouds that had been blanketing the area all day to provide some backlighting.

JCagle

The poll is now up and active for 5 days.
Alpha Phi Psi - Tarheel Chapter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk